Did a serial killer go unrecognized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    The Joseph Cotton Show: On Trial only ran for one regular season, the 1956-57.

In 1959, it was briefly revived as a summer replacement.
    There were 35 total episodes - 31 on NBC in the original run and 4 on CBS in the brief revival.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
      She was also known as Daisy Wallis and she was found dead on August 15 of 1949. Miss Wallis was described as a spinster but apparently had a rather active sex life that she made record of in one of her diaries. A man who was described as "Italian looking" was observed leaving the area of the murder but is a mystery as is the rest of the crime.
      The aforesaid fleeing man was thought to be the same person seen with Daisy earlier.

Stan Reid

Comment

Daisy's "romance" diary didn't lead to any suspects so apparently her killer was a first time chance encounter.

Stan Reid

Comment

I don't know if she named names.

Stan Reid

Comment

I don't see Daisy listed as a nickname for Dorothy so I don't know where it came from.

Stan Reid

Comment

Must have just been a pet name.

Stan Reid

Comment

Since I can't find a middle name for Ms. Wallis, perhaps it's possible that one or the other name could have been that.

Stan Reid

Comment

The Wallis slaying actually reminds me of the murder scene of Anna Massey in the Hitchcock film Frenzy. I wonder if he used it as a pattern.

Stan Reid

Comment

Anna Massey, who died rather recently, also played Julia Wallace in The Man From the Pru.

Stan Reid

Comment

I believe Ms. Massey was a British citizen although her father, actor Raymond Massey, was a Canadian who later became an American citizen.

Stan Reid

Comment

Was not the actor Raymond Massey's brother (uncle to Anna) Governor General of Canada in his day?

Massey was a superb actor, often in saturnine roles: he was a fantastic Philip of Spain in Fire over England; "Black" Michael in The Prisoner of Zenda; and played multiple roles in Korda's "Things to Come". He ended up playing Dr Gillespie to Richard Chamberlain's Dr Kildare in the 60s.

Phil H

Comment

Reboot
                          Last edited by sdreid; 10-01-2012, 12:16 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Phil:

I believe that's true and also Raymond was the son of the owner of the Massey-Ferguson (then Massey-Harris) Tractor Company. The role I most remember him for is as John Brown the fanatical abolitionist.

Stan Reid

Comment

From the same era, Massey also played Lincoln.

Stan Reid

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Lincoln film.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X