No announcement yet.

The Reid Scale: Classic Unsolved Murder Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not only read about it, I wrote about it in a print magazine article.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

When I say conviction, I mean murder conviction.

Stan Reid

Comment

Wayne Williams

I'm surprised that Wayne Williams isn't a 0. What have I forgotten (or never knew)?

Comment

I might be tempted to put Williams at a 0 but a bunch are still trying to blame the KKK and whatnot.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi,
            Have been reading some of the controversy, and it makes for some interesting reading. I was remembering the fiber and dog hair evidence, but was not familiar with any of the other.

Very interesting indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              I might be tempted to put Williams at a 0 but a bunch are still trying to blame the KKK and whatnot.
              In the last day or two, I have re-acquainted myself a bit with the case and I personally doubt that all the murders were committed by Williams. I don't know enough to say that he is not guilty of murder, but I don't think they were all by the same hand.

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
                I don't think they were all by the same hand.
                I would agree that most likely all the murders were not by the same hand.

Stan Reid

Comment

Then there are a bunch to be added to your list of unsolved regional crimes.

Comment

Well, somebody's regional unsolved anyway.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                      Purely in the realm of theory, a Level 5 would be a slaying that no-one ever suspected was a murder, that is other than the killer.
                      On the renumbered list, that would be raised from a 5 to a 6.

Stan Reid

Comment

I would agree that most likely all the murders were not by the same hand.
                        The question is, which ones were by Williams and which weren't?

Stan Reid

Comment

The Reid Scale: Classic Unsolved Murder Cases

Level 0: Cases with a standing conviction and where there is no serious doubt regarding the verdict (Ted Bundy).

Level 1: Cases where there is a standing conviction but some doubt about it (James Hanratty).

Level 2: Cases where there is no conviction but where there is little doubt regarding the perpetrator (Bella Kiss).

Level 3: Cases where there is no standing conviction but where there is a better than even chance that one suspect did it (Lizzie Borden).

Level 4: Cases where there are good suspects but they are independent and/or conflicting (Jack the Ripper).

Level 5: Cases where there is no serious suspect (The Original Nightstalker).
                          Level 6: Serial killings which are not recognized as serial killings, but treated as unconnected murders. (These single murders could be anything from level 1 - 5.)

Level 7: Murders that are not recognized as murders at all.

Comment

• I do need to go through all my tweaks and make an updated version. Since I typed up the original off the top of my head in about 10 minutes, it could have been a lot worse I think.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by K-453 View Post
                              Level 7: Murders that are not recognized as murders at all.
                              Constable K, that's interesting. Can't think of one right off. Is there an example?

Roy
                              Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Roy, maybe you will be one yourself one day ... If you have a lot of money and greedy heirs!

Comment

Working...
                                X