No announcement yet.

True Crime Media Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't say it was a bad movie; just not enough grit to make me feel like it was real.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I recently saw a program on the Discovery Channel about the Lizzie Borden Case. It's one of the better presentations I've seen about the murders. As best I can tell, the production was made in 2004 but, for whatever reason, I'm just now seeing it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I basically liked Public Enemies except that it's too pristine. They are hiding out on a farm and there's not a fly in sight and the cars are always spotless in an era when 98% of the roads in the Midwest were either dirt or gravel, in fact, a gravel road was considered a paved road.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Stan, I like The First 48 on A&E.

Roy
          Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Me too Roy. I try to watch it whenever it's on which is pretty much more than once every night. Right down in the gutter so to speak and they almost always get a confession. It seems to me that most of their cases are either in Memphis or Miami.

Stan Reid

Comment

• hi,
              How does Public Enemy compare to the 1970's version of Dillinger with Warren Oats, and are they both true to the real story ?

Comment

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                hi,
                How does Public Enemy compare to the 1970's version of Dillinger with Warren Oats, and are they both true to the real story ?
                The new one is slicker of course but it's been so long since I saw the Oates version that I can't say for sure.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I do have the 1945 Dillinger film starring Lawrence Tierney (DVD) which is pretty good. Also, I've seen the Nick Adams movie many years ago. As best I can recall, it was OK as well. Adams was one in the Rebel Without a Cause "jinx".
                  Last edited by sdreid; 12-16-2010, 01:42 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Lifetime has been playing a movie The Craigslist Killer. If anyone has seen it, is it any good? So far, I haven't.
                    Last edited by sdreid; 01-10-2011, 01:59 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
                      Stan, I like The First 48 on A&E.
                      I think my favorite regular A&E crime show was City Confidential. The presenter, Paul Winfield was top of the line on that program and it ended soon after his untimely death. In my view, Keith Morrison, on the Dateline NBC mysteries, is the only one in the same league as Winfield.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I saw some trailers for a show on Discovery Investigation called "Deranged"--they looked pretty impressive. I'd like to see the episode on Charles Whitman.

Unfortunately they don't have the entire episodes online Hopefully now that Discovery Investigation has started up in Canada they might show it here.
                        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Is that program a documentary Magpie? There is a pretty good TV movie about Whitman.

Stan Reid

Comment

• That would be Kurt Russel in The Deadly Tower from 1975.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                              Is that program a documentary Magpie? There is a pretty good TV movie about Whitman.
                              It looks like a series of documentaries.

Speaking of Whitman, I did manage to see a documentary about him on Google Video. I didn't realize that a large portion of his rampage was televised.
                              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Hi Magpie:

I remember seeing it on the evening news on the day but it probably wasn't live by then.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X