No announcement yet.

True Crime Media Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Network is playing Veronica Guerin very early this morning.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• CNN is playing a program about the Atlanta Child Murders at the beginning of the next hour. I believe it is 2 hours long.

Stan Reid

Comment

• There was supposedly a play that started running in NYC this year entitled Phantom Killer about the 1946 Texarkana murders. Does anyone know if it is still playing and if it's any good?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          There was supposedly a play that started running in NYC this year entitled Phantom Killer about the 1946 Texarkana murders. Does anyone know if it is still playing and if it's any good?
          As per Wiki, the play is by Jan Buttram and opened at the Abingdon Theatre in January.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I guess JtR 3-D is the next thing to look for but I don't see it on IMDB yet.

Stan Reid

Comment

There was supposedly a play that started running in NYC this year entitled Phantom Killer about the 1946 Texarkana murders. Does anyone know if it is still playing and if it's any good?
              I would think there might be a video of this production, as is often the practice, but who knows.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The murder of Susan Berman, who may have been slain by a serial killer, is on Dateline NBC - Solve My Mystery in a few minutes. It runs later on the west coast I believe.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The program was pretty good. It's a bit of a twist in presentation.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I see that Unsolved Mysteries is back on Lifetime Network some afternoons. They are old programs with updates added, I believe. I don't know if it's still on Spike.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Is the host Robert Stack? I admired his work all the way back to The Untouchables.

Comment

• Yes, I loved Robert Stack in that show. I don't know if they still show his introductions in this updated version. Dennis Farina does the updates. I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Farina was okay, and he certainly was a snappy dresser. I liked him better on Law and Order, although no one could top Jerry Orbach.

Comment

• And, he played Angelo Buono in The Case of the Hillside Stranglers.

Stan Reid

Comment

Yes, I loved Robert Stack in that show. I don't know if they still show his introductions in this updated version. Dennis Farina does the updates. I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow.
                              I finally caught some of these programs and, although the presentations are reruns from the old show, the introductions are by Farina with new narrations. Stack was nowhere to be seen or heard.

Stan Reid

Comment

The film about John Dillinger, Public Enemies, is recently out on DVD - reserve your excitement.

Actually, I am pretty happy with this one..Not accurate history of course, but a pretty fair movie...plus I am now convinced that there is no such thing as too much Marion Cotillard..

Comment

Working...
                                X