No announcement yet.

Regional Murder Mysteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Carol, that is very interesting and tragic at the same time. Thanks for adding.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
      Yes Carol, that is very interesting and tragic at the same time. Thanks for adding.
      I don't think I've ever had a reply this quick before! I've been thinking a lot about her recently. No-one was able to tell how she had been murdered as only her skeleton remained (or parts of it). Poor darling.

Love
      Carol

Comment

Thanks Andrew. Were the bones in your last case those of an adult?
        They were. I'm trying to find out whether the rest of a skeleton was ever found. They were of a woman - I notice I forgot to mention that in the OP.

Comment

I'm surprised the case wasn't added as a possible to Cleveland Torso.

Stan Reid

Comment

I hadn't realised that I had so many unsolved murders in my area until I had a look into it

Just for starters, here are 28 unsolved cases that South Wales Police re-opened in 2009.
            Some of these I'd heard about, some I hadn't . . . but out of all of them it saddens me to see that there are two cases where the bodies of baby boys were found (1955 and 1972) and the authorities didn't even manage to put an identity to them.

Then just over the water in Bristol there are a further 24 unsolved murders since the 1940s. Among them we have the case of Glenis Carruthers in 1974, which early on was rumoured to be connected to the Christmas killing of Joanna Yeates.

Almost certainly not a murder, but something of an unsolved mystery anyway: Henry Thomas a 73 year old from Ebbw Vale, a purported victim of "spontaneous human combustion" in 1980.
            Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah! I particularly find the 1957 murders of little June and Royston Sheasby intersting.

Stan Reid

Comment

I have decided to add another to my list.

Richard William Griener disappearance and presumed murder in Pekin-1972

I did not include this on my original list because, although there was never a conviction, I was fairly certain this boy was killed by serial child killer William "Freight Train" Guatney. That is no longer my assumption.

Stan Reid

Comment

I say that because Guatney lived in the south during the winter then came north in warm weather to work at fairs and carnivals. This crime happened in January in Illinois.

Stan Reid

Comment

Tennessee Unsolved Murder

On Jan. 4, 1995, Edwin Frazier Jones was found murdered in his small grocery store in Baileyton, Tenn. He had owned and operated Jones Grocery in Baileyton for approximately 38 years. Interstate 81 had just carved its way through northeast Tennessee a few years earlier, and his store was located just off I-81.

So far as I know there is no clue as to who robbed and murdered Frazier Jones (as he was known). He was an older man at the time of his death. It is my understanding that his murder is the only unsolved murder in our little county.

My suspicions are that Jones was not the only person to be killed in this way. I wonder how often someone drives off the Interstate in a rural area, robs someone and glides away before the crime is discovered?

I know more places are equipped with security cameras, etc, now but some of those little places along the Interstates are pretty exposed.

Comment

I had not seen that one before curious. It's pretty much absent on the web too.

Stan Reid

Comment

9 -- Twenty-one-year-old Tammy Zywicki left New Jersey on a trip to her college in Iowa. Along the way, she dropped her brother off at his college in Chicago. On August 23 of 1992 near Utica, IL, her derelict car was found. Passers-by later told of seeing Tammy talking to a truck driver with the hood of her car up. Nine days later, her stabbed body was found in Missouri. The truck had a rather unique paint scheme but it was never traced. With the close proximity to Veronica Blumhorst, some thought a serial killer might be about. The so-called Truck-Stop Killer was mentioned but the case is still unresolved.
                        Adding to the serial killer question, the remains of a deceased Caucasian female were discovered in a farmer's field that was proximate to where Veronica and Tammy disappeared. This woman, who was found on September 13 of 1991, has not been identified and her cause of death hasn't been determined.

Stan Reid

Comment

The panic was heightened even further when the body of yet another woman was discovered in a different field. That case, however, later turned out to be solved as a domestic murder.

Stan Reid

Comment

I had not seen that one before curious. It's pretty much absent on the web too.
                            A $15,000 reward was offered 9 years after the incident.

Last edited by curious; 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Wiki has a good list
                              We're standing alone inside the night
                              listen the wind is calling
                              to the dangerzone beyond the light
                              and suddenly we are falling
                              But there ain't no stopping us now
                              I don't know if I'll be back tonight
                              It's just a machine inside of my head
                              and now all the wheels are turning
                              I'll think of the words we never said
                              and deep in my heart it's burning
                              But there is no stopping it now
                              we're gonna make it somehow
                              you wait tonight
                              and we're waiting for the light
                              Into the fire we will run
                              into the sound of distant drums
                              when you're walking alone in a dream
                              on a highway to nowhere
                              nowhere tonight

Comment

Yes Octav, they have many good ones there. The only one there and on my local list is Mary Jane Hanselman.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X