No announcement yet.

Centenaries - whole and half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 years ago - 1968 February 13 - Serial killer Lee Roy Martin abducts Opal Buckson, 15, as she walks to school. She will be strangled and stabbed and her nude body will be found after several days. Opal is the fourth and final murder victim of this criminal. Martin received a life sentence in a South Carolina prison but was himself stabbed to death by a fellow inmate after serving just four years.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 February 22 - In Glasgow, Patricia Docker, 25, vanishes from a dance club. In the following morning, her nude body will be found along a lane near her home. She had been raped and strangled. Patricia is the first victim of a nascent serial killer who will later be named Bible John. He was never captured or identified.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        50 years ago - 1968 February 22 - In Glasgow, Patricia Docker, 25, vanishes from a dance club. In the following morning, her nude body will be found along a lane near her home. She had been raped and strangled. Patricia is the first victim of a nascent serial killer who will later be named Bible John. He was never captured or identified.
        Renowned criminologist, Professor David Wilson, said that he would stake his reputation on serial killer Peter Tobin being Bible John.

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 February 28 - Anneliese Herschel, 21, is raped and strangled by Ernst-Dieter Beck in (what was then West) Germany. She will be his third and last murder in a series that began in 1961. Beck will soon be captured and sent to prison for life.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 100 years ago - 1918 March 2 - In England, Louis Voisin is hanged for the murder of his mistress Emilliene Gerard, 32. She'd been dispatched by him and, his other "love", Berthe Roche. Ms. Roche was sent to prison where she quickly went mad and died in 1919.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1968 March 15 - Budding gangster Thomas DeSimone guns down Howard Goldstein, a random stranger, on a New York street. In 1979, after committing several additional murders, DeSimone vanished and was reported killed in a mob associated rubout.

Stan Reid

Comment

100 years ago - 1918 March 2 - In England, Louis Voisin is hanged for the murder of his mistress Emilliene Gerard, 32. She'd been dispatched by him and, his other "love", Berthe Roche. Ms. Roche was sent to prison where she quickly went mad and died in 1919.
                This was one of Bernard Spilsbury's cases. The one about "Blodie Belgium". It was a dismemberment job, if I recall.

Comment

• 150 years ago - 1868 March 30 - In a Columbus, Georgia house, George Ashburn is assassinated by the KKK. Several arrests were made but no one was ever prosecuted for the murder.

Stan Reid

Comment

50 years ago - 1961 May 10 - Jeannace Freeman and Gertrude Jackson, who are lesbian lovers, are walking through an Oregon park with the latter's two little children. Freeman, without objection from Jackson, stripped and strangled the little 6-year-old boy before castrating him and throwing his body into a gorge. After that, Jackson then joined Freeman in the slaying of her little daughter who was also thrown off the bridge. Both women went to prison for life after Freeman's original death sentence was commuted.
                    And both of them, of course, were paroled after a few years. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Freed...on.-a086144327
                    - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                    X