No announcement yet.

Case of most interest besides JtR poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, the letters are a big deal with Zodiac because the likelihood is that they were legitimate. There were letters with Dahlia, Axeman and Cleveland Torso but, as with JtR, they are more doubtful.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
      Thames Torso is included over on that other list but I was limited to ten here.
      As of now, it has no votes though.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It surprises me that some people who know quite a bit about the Ripper know nothing about the Torso Killer.

Stan Reid

Comment

• G'Day

The Claremont Murders in WA

GUT
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• My poll on Websleuths has Jack in third place with 25 votes while Dahlia has 31 and Zodiac 32.

Stan Reid

Comment

• How about the Ratcliffe Highway murders?

I think they count as unsolved as the case against John Williams was pretty flimsy and he never came to trial.
              Last edited by MrBarnett; 02-06-2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• I certainly consider them unsolved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Beast of Gevaudan

Anyone mentioned the Beast of Gevaudan, http://www.dark-stories.com/eng/gevaudan_beast.htm ?

There was a "posh" theory about this, as I recall.

One case I remember hearing about as a child (so it probably isn't true) was about a family living (I think) on the Yorkshire Moors in a cave in the (I think) eighteenth century, who waylaid travellers, robbing, killing and eating them. If this rings a bell with anyone, I'd love to know more.

Best wishes,
                  C4
                  Last edited by curious4; 02-06-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• What about the shootout at the OK Corral? A lot of people got hurt.

Comment

• OK

Hello Scott,

Luck of the draw, that one.

C4

Comment

• Originally posted by curious4 View Post

One case I remember hearing about as a child (so it probably isn't true) was about a family living (I think) on the Yorkshire Moors in a cave in the (I think) eighteenth century, who waylaid travellers, robbing, killing and eating them. If this rings a bell with anyone, I'd love to know more.

Best wishes,
                        C4
                        I recall hearing a story about a cannibal family of murderer/thieves in Scotland about 1600 - the "Sawney Bean" family. They were a large incestuous clan, who waylaid travellers, ate them, and kept their property. Eventually they are captured by an army led by the king, and all are put to death brutally. The family supposedly resided in a cave. This story has been considered "questionable" as history, as no record of such an event has been ever located. It is supposed (since it deals in murder and cannibalism) to be a basis for the "Sweeny Todd" story.

Comment

• Urban/rural legends

Hello Meyerling,

Thank you very much. Not being able to find the source of this has been irritating me for years!

Now I have a name at least and an explanation for the story being so hard to track down.

Many thanks,

C4

Comment

• Gruesome

Found it - very gruesome! Hopefully no relation to Sean Bean - was most upset when they chopped his head off in Game of Thrones!

The Beast, however, was very much a fact . Although the question is not so much who-dunnit as what-dunnit - and I will admit to being stumped.

All good wishes,
                            C4

Comment

• I'd say the most interesting case wouled be east area rapist, the original night stalker. That guy most definately is alive too.

The zodiac is dead.

Comment

• G'Day Kuniworth

How do we know Zodiac is dead?
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X