No announcement yet.

Case of most interest besides JtR poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some other case: The death of Ludwig II of Bavaria.
    ~ All perils, specially malignant, are recurrent - Thomas De Quincey ~

Comment

• I voted for Zodiac because of the communications and coded messages angle. Can anyone tell me what other uncaught serial killers have definitely written to the police, media etc?

Re. Constance Kent: "The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher" by Kate Summerscale is a very good read.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
        Can anyone tell me what other uncaught serial killers have definitely written to the police, media etc?
        Hi Steve,

Given your parameters, I can't think of any other than Zodiac at present. There are several with reputed correspondences, including Cleveland Torso and New Orleans Axeman from above, but not with the validation Zodiac had. At one time, BTK would have fit but he has since been captured. The Hubert Chevis Case would fit all but the serial killer part, I think.
        Last edited by sdreid; 03-27-2010, 04:34 PM.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Cheers, Stan.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

• The Monster of Florence.

Comment

• David-That one was brought up on another thread. Are there any convictions that stuck?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
                I voted for Zodiac because of the communications and coded messages angle. Can anyone tell me what other uncaught serial killers have definitely written to the police, media etc?
                Not exactly the same but I think the Original Night Stalker is sort of in the same spirit.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It has votes but I'm a little surprised that Texarkana is tied for last place.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Then again, a few people think that Texarkana and Zodiac are the same case.

Stan Reid

Comment

• In a four way tie for seventh too.

Stan Reid

Comment

• A pretty clear leader though

Stan Reid

Comment

• But Texarkana is one of the most interesting. I think because there is so little information about it people don't know.

There are paralells between Texarkana and Zodiac which is interesting.

My Top Three are

Texarkana

Black Dahlia

Cleveland Torso Killer
                          Last edited by belinda; 08-24-2010, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Those are my top three (4) as well although not quite the same order

Torso

Texarkana

Dahlia/Thames Nudes (tie)
                            Last edited by sdreid; 08-24-2010, 06:57 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I see that Dr. Badal has a new book out on the Torso case. It looks like it's mostly to try to rule out Dolezal as a suspect. Dolezal is certainly well down on my list but he's still there at any rate.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Thames Nudes is Jack The Stripper right? Also very interesting. Have you seen the Unsolved Mysteries(Robert Stack) programme on the Cleveland Torso Killer? That was where I first heard of it.

Was it really the only case Eliot Ness never solved

Comment

Working...
                                X