No announcement yet.

Anthrax Case Solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if you want to call mail a product but in virtually all the product tampering cases that have been solved, the killer proved to be someone who was targeting one of the victims with the other murders being for cover. This was true of Christina Edmunds back in 1871 and Stella Nichell in 1986 as well as some of the trick-or-treat poisonings. In fact, this is a recent epiphany with me regarding the 1982 Chicago Cylenol Poisonings. Perhaps authorities should be looking for someone who personally knew one of the victims and not necessarily one of the victims who died.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan,

This sounds quite plausible to me. Many people harbour personal grudges and occasionally they build up and up until someone else does something explosive and attention-grabbing about their own 'issues', giving ideas to others with personal powder kegs of their own.

Here's a very interesting and topical piece that touches on product tampering:

Official website of the New York Times Best-Selling Author

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        On a personal note, I sort of lost my job because of this guy, whoever he was. At the time of the attacks, I was writing monthly articles for America's Most Wanted News Magazine. This publication was sent out of a Virginia post office where one of the attacks occurred and this resulted in a suspension of publishing for a few months. During that time, subscribers were lost that they were unable to regain after the magazine resumed printing. After about a year, publication ceased.
        Wow that really sucks. Hope things are going better for you now.
        Jordan

Comment

Thanks Jordon but it was mostly a hobby that I got paid a little for so it was no big deal. I have a pension to live on.

Stan Reid

Comment

Oh ok thats good to hear then
            Jordan

Comment

The Tylenol case is simpler because the contaminant was only found in 5 homes. With Anthrax, you have a bunch of both fatal and nonfatal attacks; any of which could have been the target, that is, if that's the scenario.

Stan Reid

Comment

The ones who should be looked at most closely are the non-famous related who were directly targeted. That is, not the high profile attacks or those who had incidental contact like mail handlers. That leaves us with two for the most in need of scrutiny. Those are Kathy Nguyen and Ottilie Lundgren.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hello, Stan!

This is a bit rough to say, but;

Death seems to be good friend of the suspects with this case!

All the best
                  Jukka
                  "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hi Jukka:

Yes, approximately half of the main suspects who were mentioned at one time or another committed suicide.

Stan Reid

Comment

A probably even better example is the case of Adolph Hofrichter in Austria during 1909. He anonymously mailed cyanide laced pills to twelve former classmates from military school because he was jealous of their better success in the army. The supposed samples were said to be for enhancing sexual performance. One of the targets, Richard Mader, took the bait and died. Again, the killer sent the toxic agent to people he knew personally and wanted to murder.

Stan Reid

Comment

Of course in the case of Hofrichter, there were no red herring murders. He knew all and intended to kill all that mailed to.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          Of course in the case of Hofrichter, there were no red herring murders. He knew all and intended to kill all that mailed to.
                          That is to be presumed at least. It is possible, however, that he did have a "favorite" victim.

Stan Reid

Comment

Perhaps some other mailing murderer cases should also be compared such as Ted Kaczynski and the unsolved Zip-Gun Bomber Case.

Stan Reid

Comment

As far as I can recall, this is the the only murder that has been successfully carried out by sending a biological agent through the mail. That is, unless you count the smallpox infected blankets that were delivered to Native Americans 250 years ago.

Stan Reid

Comment

Or, when the Japanese delivered plague to the Chinese via "air mail" about 70 years ago.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X