No announcement yet.

True Crime Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jodi Arias. I watched it on YouTube, I think. Not being familiar with the case beforehand, I enjoyed it, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by I'veBeenToMitreSquare; 10-15-2013, 07:57 AM. Reason: Specification.

Comment

• Although Jodi Arias is eligible for the death penalty, I don't know that she has been sentenced yet.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        Although Jodi Arias is eligible for the death penalty, I don't know that she has been sentenced yet.
        The jury was deadlocked in the penalty phase of the trial, so they have to empanel a new jury and start the process all over again. Not sure where they are in that process at the moment.
        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
          The jury was deadlocked in the penalty phase of the trial, so they have to empanel a new jury and start the process all over again. Not sure where they are in that process at the moment.
          Yes, this case seems to drag on forever.

Stan Reid

Comment

• True unsolved or unresolved crimes works for me as a sub-genre to true crime films. I think they offer more possibilities for storylines.

The JtR films fit into that category. Zodiac and The Boston Strangler come to mind as standout examples of what can be done when there is still a mystery surrounding the crimes and the criminal.

Comment

• Anyone seen the new movie The Frozen Ground by first-time feature director, Scott Walker.

You obviously know the ending because it's a solved case. So it's pretty basic and straight-forward but it has interesting elements that remind me of the last Green River Killer TV movie I saw.

I would just watch it for the incredible scenery. You're sure to like it if you like "Nicholas Cage" movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayBea View Post
                True unsolved or unresolved crimes works for me as a sub-genre to true crime films.
                Me too

Stan Reid

Comment

• I am looking forward to seeing Frozen Ground - don't know if it will be at the theater or at home on a rental or a bought Blu-ray.

Stan Reid

Comment

• G'Day

Frozen Ground is based on what murders, can someone please enlighten me?
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi GUT:

Serial killer Robert Hansen, I believe.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Thank You
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• On a lighter note, I picked up a copy of "Stone Of Destiny" recently. Haven't sat down to watch it yet, but looking forward to it.
                          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• We need something on the lighter side once in a while.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Did anyone see the recent Lizzie Borden movie on Lifetime?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Oh.. I forgot all bout that

-- Steadmund Brand--
                                "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X