No announcement yet.

True Crime Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully this Spector production will be out on DVD soon.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Watched "Rise of the footsoldier" last week.I found it surprisingly good.

Comment

• 'The Town that Dreaded Sundown' should be available any down now from the U.S.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	The Town tht dreaded sundown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	664962

'The Enforcer' supposedly based on true events. A superb film and one of my favourite Bogart films. It's available from the U.S. I have this blu ray and the picture and sound quality is excellent.

Name:	The Enforcer.jpg
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	664963

'The Boston Strangler' available from France. The blu ray quality is very good and is a step up from the DVD. Has some nice interviews with William Friedkin, who is very enthusiastic about the film and there are some interviews with a couple of cast and crew members (Richard Kline and Sally Kellerman)

Name:	The Boston Strangler.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	664964

Rob

Comment

• The Enforcer

This excellent film is strongly suggested by the "Murder Inc. " case of the 1930s and 1940s. Bogart is in the A.D.A. Burton Turgis role. Ted de Corsia is in the "Abe Reles" part. The part suggested by Louis Lepke is played by Everett Sloane, and is renamed "Mendoza". It is a good example of film noir, and has some nice supporting work by Zero Mostel, and several others.

Comment

• Hopefully, that The Town That Dreaded Sundown Blu-ray contains some good extras.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I hear that there's a second Pierce movie on the Town That Dreaded Sundown Blu-ray but I don't know if that's the only extra feature.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I was hoping there would be a documentary on the case included (minimum 20 minutes).

Stan Reid

Comment

• Did anyone see the Jody Arias movie on Lifetime?

Stan Reid

Comment

• I saw "Savage Grace" and "Wonderland" a couple of weeks ago. The former was good, but a little slow. Wonderland was pretty intense--they actually included some of the gruesome crime scene footage into the movie.
                    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• I see that there's a new high end John Wayne Gacy feature film in the works. We'll have to wait and see if it comes to fruition.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The one with Brian Dennehy was very good, save for the inclusion of Margot Kidder as a psychic. I like Margot Kidder, but as far as I know, there was no particular psychic prominent in the case (I'm sure a number of them came out of the woodwork, as do in any case that grabs headlines for a while), but there was an implication at the end that the psychic was actually correct on several points, albeit, not in a way that was helpful to the police, which is stupid, because aside from spoiling the general accuracy of the film, it was an unnecessary plug for psychics.

BTW, I saw a recent TV doc on a missing persons case, where the sister of the victim went to a psychic, who gave this information: the victims had left the area, she was with a man, and she was frightened.

The detective in charge took about four minutes of screen time to analyze why none of that information, even if true, was helpful. They already knew she had left the city; they needed to know where she had gone. Knowing she was with "a man" was unhelpful without some kind of description, and knowing her emotional state was not relevant to the investigation. As it turned out, in the end, only the information about her being out of the city was even true.

I wish there were more things like that on true crime documentaries.

Comment

• Yes, that is the best John Wayne Gacy movie so far. I didn't even remember that Margot Kidder was in it so I guess that's how much she impressed me. Loved her on Black Christmas, the original - a great film.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I don't see anything about a new Gacy movie on IMDb yet.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Picked up a copy of Pierrepoint: The Last Hangman this weekend.

Haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it. Timothy Spall is usually a good watch, whatever he's in.
                              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• It's hard to imagine a guy like that going to Heaven. I wonder what he thought about that.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X