True Crime Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    Charles B. Pierce, director and actor from the cult true-crime classic The Town That Dreaded Sundown has just died. He was 71.
    No. Oh what a shame

Comment

• Also last month, we lost Dorothy Provine who was the first actress to play Bonnie Parker by name in a movie.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        Mediocre
        I watched Stolen last week which was supposedly based on the Boy in the Box Case. It might have been inspired by that crime but it was way too different to be called "Based on" as I define it. The film had potential but failed to deliver especially when attention to detail is considered.

Stan Reid

Comment

• But then again, some didn't care about the push button phone in Swoon.

Stan Reid

Comment

• What is the title for JtR 3-D? I can't find it on IMDb.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I have to admit I really liked Summer of Sam, even though it's loosely based. Not just because Mira Sorvino is my favourite actress

Comment

• I liked The Bronx is Burning.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Stan,

10 Rillington Place! A true classic! So creepy, so chilling and so "real" not like watching a "movie" at all.

Zodiac... Well I had to didn't I!!! While its by no means as acurate as some people seem to believe, even so, its got to be one of the best true crime movies ever made and proof that US cinema is capable of so much more than the usual brain-dead Hollywood fair that they churn out!

Five Daughters. The story of the Ipswich Murders, told, for once, from the victims perspective.

This is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper.
                  This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper: With Alun Armstrong, Richard Ridings, James Laurenson, John Duttine. This is a dramatisation of the real-life investigation into the notorious Yorkshire Ripper murders of the late 1970s, showing the effect that it had on the health and career of Assistant Chief Constable George Oldfield who led the enquiry

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
                  And thus I clothe my naked villainy
                  With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
                  And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

• Thanks Zodiac.

Yes, that first one was #3 on my list in my first post on this thread.

Your second movie, I was not familiar with.

The third one, I have heard of but have not had the opportunity to see.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Anyone seen "Murder Most Likely", about former undercover RCMP officer who allegedly murdered his wife by throwing her off a balcony? It's supposed to be quite good.
                      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• I haven't Magpie but I think I might have seen it covered on a crime program. If not, it was some other woman suspected of being thrown out of a window.
                        On IMDb, it looks like the movie was from Canadian TV.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It would have been E! Mysteries and Scandals or something of the sort.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It could have also been Histories Crimes and Trials or American Justice which, despite its name, also occasionally covered crimes in other countries I believe.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It should probably be mentioned that Tony Curtis of The Boston Strangler died yesterday. He was 85. I remember going to see the film at a 1400 seat theater when the movie first came out and not being able to get in because it was sold out. My wife, at the time, and I came back for the late show and barely made it in that time. There were just a few seats left and we had to sit apart. God speed Tony.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The other night, I watched a 1952 movie about a serial killer called The Sniper. In the audio commentary, a chap named Eddie Muller states that the 1945 film Hangover Square is essentially a remake of The Lodger but I have never seen it listed as a Ripper inspired movie. Does anyone know anything about this production? I don't recall seeing it. A motion picture guidebook I have says its, "Similar to The Lodger".

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X