No announcement yet.

True Crime Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, my mistake. Thanks for correcting me.

Comment

• History Channel's first showing of Manson is Monday evening at 9-8c. IMDb lists the players but doesn't give much other information about the production.
      Last edited by sdreid; 09-06-2009, 04:57 AM.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        History Channel's first showing of Manson is Monday evening at 9-8c. IMDb lists the players but doesn't give much other information about the production.
        I wish I could see that. Hopefully they'll get around to showing it on the Canadian version of the History Channel.

Speaking of Manson, did anyone see the remake of Helter Skelter? I know it got almost universally crappy reviews, but I thought it was pretty good.
        Last edited by Magpie; 09-06-2009, 12:08 PM.
        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Hi Magpie,

I saw it and agree with you.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Perhaps for purposes of clarity, I should lay out what I think are the tiers of "true crime related" films. In a subsequent post, I'll list them, least to most, by Category-Description Film Example (Case)

Stan Reid

Comment

• True Crime Related Film Levels:

1-Fictional connection-Film with a made up tie to an actual case Time After Time (Jack the Ripper)

2-Inspired by-A movie where the idea came from a real crime but with few actualities maintained Psycho (Ed Gein)

3-Based on-The faithful recreation of a case but with names and/or locations changed Naked Massacre (Richard Speck)

4-Docudrama-Generally true rendition of the crimes portrayed by actors Helter Skelter (Charles Manson)

5-Docudramentary-A documentary with dramatized reenactments interspersed The Other Side of Bonnie and Clyde (Parker/Barrow Gang)

6-Documentary-Pure primer on the case Villisca: Living with a Mystery (Villisca axe murders)

Stan Reid

Comment

• Good news/bad news on the Manson show. History Television is showing it in Canada tomorrow night, but unfortunately I'm working.

Luckily my wife is going to record it for me so I can watch it when I get home
                “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Good deal Magpie. I'm sure it will be replayed numerous times also.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I thought the Manson production was pretty good. It wasn't just a remake of Helter Skelter. The program will re-air at 12 Midnight Central/1 AM Eastern.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I watched Night Stalker (2009) last night. It was only 85 minutes long and that's about the only good thing I can say about it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Last month, I watched Drifter: Henry Lee Lucas. I didn't expect much but it actually gets a passing grade from me.

Stan Reid

Comment

• My rating systen top to bottom:

Exceptional

Stan Reid

Comment

• Superior

Good

Stan Reid

Comment

• Decent

Mediocre

Stan Reid

Comment

• Poor

Bad

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X