The Christie Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sherlock View Post
    For example, if the tie which was found on the body of Geraldine still existed could it possibly be analysed to see whether traces of the DNA of Christie or Evans could be found on it? The same could be done if any of Beryl's clothing still remains in police archives.
    Guilty or not, I'd be rather surprised if her husband's DNA weren't found on her clothing.
    - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
      Guilty or not, I'd be rather surprised if her husband's DNA weren't found on her clothing.
      Be a tad unusual I'd have thought.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• If Christie's DNA was found on Beryl's and Geraldine's clothing or Evans's tie that would be very unusual, though, and might cause those (including myself) who think there were two murderers at 10 Rillington Place, to have a bit of a rethink.

Comment

• According to a BBC release Tim Roth will play the part of Christie in the forthcoming drama based on the Rillington Place murders and Samantha Morton will play his wife Ethel. Timothy Evans will be played by Nico Mirallegro and Beryl Evans by Jodie Comer.

The serial will be shot on location in Glasgow and London.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherlock View Post
            According to a BBC release Tim Roth will play the part of Christie in the forthcoming drama based on the Rillington Place murders and Samantha Morton will play his wife Ethel. Timothy Evans will be played by Nico Mirallegro and Beryl Evans by Jodie Comer.

The serial will be shot on location in Glasgow and London.
            I hope we get it down here.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              I hope we get it down here.
              If you don't, there's always the Internet and the UK's easy to bypass region lockouts.
              Actually looking forward to this, being done by many of the same folks behind And Then There Were None last year (not perfect but a pretty solid adaptation).
              I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Why is this being partly filmed in Glasgow, I wonder, considering that Scotland didn't figure in the Christie case at all except in the background of Christie's last victim? Doesn't London have sufficient gloomy tenement houses any more or rotten weather? Rain can really set a mood!

Have you seen the Russian film version of 'Then there were none', Shaggy? I thoroughly enjoyed their interpretation. It's on YouTube I think.
                Last edited by Rosella; 03-26-2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                  Why is this being partly filmed in Glasgow, I wonder, considering that Scotland didn't figure in the Christie case at all except in the background of Christie's last victim? Doesn't London have sufficient gloomy tenement houses any more or rotten weather? Rain can really set a mood!

Have you seen the Russian film version of 'Then there were none', Shaggy? I thoroughly enjoyed their interpretation. It's on YouTube I think.
                  The one from the 80s or has there been one since? I have seen the 86 or 87 one, went on a bit of a tear through Russian adaptions of UK and US mysteries after seeing their Sherlock Holmes series (which is fantastic by the way), but it's been a while. Should try to revisit it soon.
                  I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Yes, 'Desyat Negrityat', (which I would guess doesn't translate to 'Then there were None' but 'Ten little Indians') made in 1987. I thought it was interesting.
                    Last edited by Rosella; 03-26-2016, 07:46 PM. Reason: Alter word

Comment

• As the drama is being filmed in the BBC studios in Dumbarton near Glasgow I suppose it is convenient to film some of the outdoor scenes in Glasgow itself. I believe it is the policy of the BBC to film some of its programs in various different parts of the UK, not necessarily where they are set. For example the hospital series Casualty is set in the west of England but is actually filmed in Cardiff in Wales.

Interestingly, Christie did have a distant connection with Scotland as Honest John records in his book that his great-great Grandfather (I think) came from Kilmarnock in Ayrshire. However there is no record that Christie ever visited Scotland himself.

It will be interesting to see which street in either Glasgow or London is used to represent Rillington Place now that the real street has long since been demolished.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                        Why is this being partly filmed in Glasgow, I wonder, considering that Scotland didn't figure in the Christie case at all except in the background of Christie's last victim? Doesn't London have sufficient gloomy tenement houses any more or rotten weather? Rain can really set a mood!

Why are they shooting some in Glasgow? $$$$$$
                        G U T

Comment

• See my post above for a possible reason why part of the drama is being filmed in Glasgow. I believe part of it is also being filmed in London. I wonder if it will be shot in the Notting Hill area? I believe the area has changed a very great deal since Christie's day.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            Why are they shooting some in Glasgow? $$$$$$
                            Wouldn't it be ££££££££?
                            - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                              Wouldn't it be ££££££££?
                              1.Depends on who is funding it.

2.i don't have the pounds symbol on this keyboard.
                              G U T

Comment

• I have just read on another forum that neither Honest John nor John Eddowes, both of whom have written important books containing evidence pointing towards Evans's guilt, have been consulted on the forthcoming BBC drama. It seems very much then that it will simply be a recycling of the standard version of the case, with no new facts presented, although it is to be hoped that it will at least be more historically accurate than the 1971 film.

I wonder if all of Christie's other definite victims, ie Ruth Fuerst, Muriel Eady, Rita Nelson, Kathleen Maloney and Hectorina MacLennan, will be portrayed in the serial and who will play them? I also wonder if the sexual motivation for the killings will be more clearly presented than in the 1971 film where it was only hinted at?

Comment

Working...
                                X