Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
    That's it Hercule.....now we are building a wall on your border... it's gonna be a great wall... and Canada is gonna pay for it, trust me....

In all reality, Trump is playing the Regan card... when Regan ran it was about how big Merica's balls were, Carter said we have to conserve and be responsible.. and Cowboy Ronnie rode in to town giving the people what they wanted to hear.. America is the best, the biggest, the strongest... no room for Debbie Downers here... and poof...now 35 years later in rides the Donald....taking about how tough we are, and the like.. taps into what people want to hear... same thing with Bernie on the left... " college will be free, you are all perfect people.. blah blah blah.. never mind neither could do any of what they say...it's just what people want to hear.. and it works.
    In America NOBODY could run saying..look, times are hard, we are involved in wars we can't afford, so lets all sacrifice like our grandparents did... NO WAY....WE WANT EVERYTHING....so Bernie tells college kids they are all special little snowflakes who will get everything handed to them... Trump says... if you don't like us we'll kick you in the balls....Cruz would tell you the sky is green if he thought you may vote for him and Hillary... she is so deep in the actual political game she can play all sides of it.....
    As a life long Democrat (I want to put that out so I can't just be accused of being a "hater") the one person who I have wanted, most of my adult life, to be President of the Unites States is a Republican!!! General Colin Powell I believe would have been a great Pres....and seriously people.... ask yourselves...are ANY of the people running now even in the same league with General Powell?

Steadmund Brand
    Funny our last PM pretty much one by saying "The other mob are getting us too far into debt, we need to make some tough decisions and get us out", now he got elected, but didn't last too long.

And even a dumb Aussie thought Powell looked the goods.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      As a life long Democrat (I want to put that out so I can't just be accused of being a "hater") the one person who I have wanted, most of my adult life, to be President of the Unites States is a Republican!!! General Colin Powell I believe would have been a great Pres....and seriously people.... ask yourselves...are ANY of the people running now even in the same league with General Powell?
      Agreed.
      I hate both parties and have little patience for what has passed for politics and political discussion during my lifetime, let's be honest it has all been roughly on par with reality TV since Vidal/Buckley sniping at each other and finally becoming a full three ring circus during Bill Clinton's sexy time hearings. I have always thought that the Republicans should have backed a Powell and Elizabeth Dole ticket instead of W that first time.
      I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Many conservatives on another forum I'm on mention they like that Trump "is not a Washington insider", which I take to mean he's not a professional politician and presumably not "corrupt". I have no opinion on whether or not this is true, but I've seen both Republicans and Democrats block the proper functioning of the government.

We are polarized in so many ways now, perhaps the most since the Civil Rights movement, the Vietnam War, and the Wall Street demonstrations of the Ninety-Nine Percenters.
        I've lived through all of those, and while I don't quite know the right way to go forward as a united nation, I hope it does not involve reverting back to a pre-Cold War America.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          Many conservatives on another forum I'm on mention they like that Trump "is not a Washington insider", which I take to mean he's not a professional politician and presumably not "corrupt". I have no opinion on whether or not this is true, but I've seen both Republicans and Democrats block the proper functioning of the government.
          I've seen folks make comments like that as well. Which always cracks me up. He's a real estate developer and reality TV personality. That's two of the most corrupt businesses you can be in. The list goes utilities, politician, real estate/construction, banking, stock market, media, police and used car sales.
          He has bought a politician or seven in his time.
          I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• So Kruz (so) pulls out, looks like Trump has trumped them all
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Well, Trump has won Indiana and is the presumptive GOP nominee. How surreal! It's something I treated as a joke twelve months ago. Hilary's got miles of baggage but let's hope her supporters get out and vote in November!

Comment

• "It's life Jim, but not as we know it".

Comment

• At least we know what we will get with Clinton and that she has a good head on her shoulders. Unlike Trump, who will probably have us all living in Trumpvilles just like Bush had folks living in Bushvilles. Don't even get me started on that Katrina Fiasco.

Clinton knows how Washington works and anyone who can come back from the mess of her hubby shenanigans with Ms Lewinsky is alright in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                    "It's life Jim, but not as we know it".
                    LOL! aint that the truth!!

Comment

• What about Kasich?

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      So Kruz (so) pulls out, looks like Trump has trumped them all
                      Isn't John Kasich still in the running? I thought he beat Cruz's numbers recently. I wonder if the GOP is hoping to slip him onto the ballot instead?

Not that it matters. Hilary will become first Den Mother, eventually.
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

• Kasich is also going to drop out today according to reports.

Despite the fantasies of Democrats, Trump actually has a pretty fair chance of defeating Clinton in the general election for at least three reasons; firstly, Trump will get three times as many Democrat votes as Hillary will get Republican votes, secondly, you will have a very charismatic Trump running against a very boring Clinton and, thirdly, as much as they hate themselves for it, the media is drawn to Trump like a moth to a flame.
                        Last edited by sdreid; 05-04-2016, 11:23 AM.
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• This is one Democrat who won't vote for Trump (despite my reluctance to support Hilary)... but you may be right. Thing is, despite some folks on forums who say they like Trump's ideas, I haven't yet encountered anyone who admits to wanting him to win. If he DOES win, it will be as "The Ugly American" personified.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                            This is one Democrat who won't vote for Trump (despite my reluctance to support Hilary)... but you may be right. Thing is, despite some folks on forums who say they like Trump's ideas, I haven't yet encountered anyone who admits to wanting him to win. If he DOES win, it will be as "The Ugly American" personified.
                            Unfortunately I have met or heard of several. So Stan's comment is truly (and frighteningly) very possible.

I would not have said Trump is charismatic - he is frighteningly demagogic with characteristics (and followers) similar to Hitler or Mussolini. That he got this far and can go farther is horrible.

Jeff

Comment

• Who will rule if he wins Trump or the creature that curled up on his head and died.
                              G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                                Who will rule if he wins Trump or the creature that curled up on his head and died.
                                Not sure - but if next November I don't like results I might contact you about what living in Australia is like.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X