Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
    I love that Trump told NY Sen. Chuck Schumer he likes him more than the GOP leaders, And I believe that, they are both New Yorkers and "speak the same language"... and I do believe Trump is far more liberal than people think... Look, I don't agree with many of his cabinet picks, and his Tweets have to stop (or at least stop making news) but I think a President Trump is going to shock many people on both sides of the isle, The "Liberals" who claim he is a Nazi will soon find he is far more liberal than any President we ever had (him personally, not his administration for sure) and "conservatives" will be sickened by his liberal attitude towards many things....
    The man is in no remote sense of the word a conservative. It stuns me how many people simply can't see this. I have some friends, and many more acquaintances, who honestly believe that the man is a Nazi, and no amount of evidence seems to change their views. I'm not sure what the deal is here.

I love the tweeting, and I hope he'll keep it up. It gives him the ability to communicate directly, in real time, with the voters, without a chance for the media or Congress to "change the narrative". You'll notice how quickly the House backed down when he tweeted his displeasure. I'm told the switchboard was overwhelmed within minutes.

So far as the ethics body, it's in serious need of reform, yes. As it's now constituted, it can render a ruling based solely on anonymous tips, and need not show its evidence to the congressman. It's claimed that this is to protect whistleblowers, but there are already laws in place to ensure that. As much as I suspect that anyone who can manage to be elected to Congress is probably a good candidate for prison, they shouldn't have to forfeit the right to confront their accusers and learn the evidence against them.
    Last edited by Ginger; 01-04-2017, 04:46 PM. Reason: Reworded
    - Ginger

Comment

• My problem with the Tweeting is the impact it can have on foreign affairs....I don't care about " communicate directly, in real time, with the voters", when it comes to foreign affairs, a certain amount of diplomacy is needed, it is a volatile world, and not everyone will interpret his tweets the same... I do understand why you love them, and I actually do as well, from an entertainment stand point, and from a transparency point, but, it can be too dangerous.. and as I said, once he is sworn in, I'm sure that will be, controlled a bit more,
      I am not Trump voter, I admit that openly, I was Hilary backer, but not because it was her against him, or Lib vs Cons, or any of the other reasons the media tried to force on us, but because as a New Yorker, I loved the job she did for my state in the senate, I know some didn't, and many outside of NY have no idea what she did, but she did a damn good job for us, that is why I was a supporter......That being said, I am more than willing to give the president a chance, something so many "liberals" seem against...I just don't get that....if you love your country, as they claim, then you shouldn't just love it when it goes your way....grow up people....Nixon didn't destroy the country.. nor did Clinton for the "haters" on the other side....America is strong and will go on.....and if president Trump does not do a good job, in 4 years we can VOTE him out of office... but let's give him a chance!!!! I hope for the best.... and I know there will be many things I disagree with.. .but it was like that with Clinton and Obama for me as well, even though I am a democrat....what's best for the country is to give your President a chance, and if he fails, that's why there are term limits....
      I agree with you Ginger, on many things... see people on opposite sides can get along, provided they are both rational, you are right, the ethics body does need a revamping, but not elimination....Trump knows that as well....even if he has to go against his party on it, and that, is to be respected....even by the left, but they wont ever give him credit for it...much the way many on the right wouldn't give President Obama credit for anything......such is life, but for now, left, right and center should just work together and put country over party....
      like Coach Herb Brooks famously told his 1980 U.S.A Olympic hockey team "the name on the front of your jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back"

Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

My problem with the Tweeting is the impact it can have on foreign affairs....I don't care about " communicate directly, in real time, with the voters", when it comes to foreign affairs, a certain amount of diplomacy is needed, it is a volatile world, and not everyone will interpret his tweets the same... I do understand why you love them, and I actually do as well, from an entertainment stand point, and from a transparency point, but, it can be too dangerous.. and as I said, once he is sworn in, I'm sure that will be, controlled a bit more,
        I am not Trump voter, I admit that openly, I was Hilary backer, but not because it was her against him, or Lib vs Cons, or any of the other reasons the media tried to force on us, but because as a New Yorker, I loved the job she did for my state in the senate, I know some didn't, and many outside of NY have no idea what she did, but she did a damn good job for us, that is why I was a supporter......That being said, I am more than willing to give the president a chance, something so many "liberals" seem against...I just don't get that....if you love your country, as they claim, then you shouldn't just love it when it goes your way....grow up people....Nixon didn't destroy the country.. nor did Clinton for the "haters" on the other side....America is strong and will go on.....and if president Trump does not do a good job, in 4 years we can VOTE him out of office... but let's give him a chance!!!! I hope for the best.... and I know there will be many things I disagree with.. .but it was like that with Clinton and Obama for me as well, even though I am a democrat....what's best for the country is to give your President a chance, and if he fails, that's why there are term limits....
        I agree with you Ginger, on many things... see people on opposite sides can get along, provided they are both rational, you are right, the ethics body does need a revamping, but not elimination....Trump knows that as well....even if he has to go against his party on it, and that, is to be respected....even by the left, but they wont ever give him credit for it...much the way many on the right wouldn't give President Obama credit for anything......such is life, but for now, left, right and center should just work together and put country over party....
        like Coach Herb Brooks famously told his 1980 U.S.A Olympic hockey team "the name on the front of your jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back"

Steadmund Brand
        great post

Comment

• Four black folk record themselves abusing and torturing a disabled white guy. During the incident, they are heard shouting "F**k Donald Trump! F*ck white people!"

Police aren't sure whether to treat it as a hate crime.

Comment

My problem with the Tweeting is the impact it can have on foreign affairs....I don't care about " communicate directly, in real time, with the voters", when it comes to foreign affairs, a certain amount of diplomacy is needed, it is a volatile world, and not everyone will interpret his tweets the same... I do understand why you love them, and I actually do as well, from an entertainment stand point, and from a transparency point, but, it can be too dangerous.. and as I said, once he is sworn in, I'm sure that will be, controlled a bit more,

Steadmund Brand

That's my (An Aussie on the other side of the world) biggest fear about The Don, I'm not sure he knows about diplomacy.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              That's my (An Aussie on the other side of the world) biggest fear about The Don, I'm not sure he knows about diplomacy.
              Like Aussies know anything of diplomacy ...

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Donald Trump's chief relationship to Diplomacy is that both begin with the letter 'D'. Fortunately, his Sec'y of State strikes me as probably having a big enough personality to keep him in line.
                - Ginger

Comment

Like Aussies know anything of diplomacy ...

Steadmund Brand
                  Not this one anyway, now the great cultural attaché Sir Les, he's different.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Not this one anyway, now the great cultural attaché Sir Les, he's different.
                    I think I would make a great U.S ambassador to Australia!!! I am the only American who prefers Footy to American Football, I have every Yahoo Serious film, AND I am every bit as good looking as Aussies

Steadmund Brand

Comment

I think I would make a great U.S ambassador to Australia!!! I am the only American who prefers Footy to American Football, I have every Yahoo Serious film, AND I am every bit as good looking as Aussies

Steadmund Brand
                      Do you drink Fosters. (trick question).
                      G U T

Comment

• Republicans in Congress are beginning to grapple with how to help President-elect Donald Trump fulfill one of his biggest campaign promises: to build a wall along the Mexican border to slow illegal immigration.

Now it seems American funds will pay for the wall along the southern border, though supposedly Mexico will later "reimburse" our government for the cost of the wall.

I'm not surprised, but hoping the source of these funds doesn't involve raising my taxes. (Yeah, fat chance of that!)
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

Do you drink Fosters. (trick question).
                          Fosters lager goes well with mushrooms at the little airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            Fosters lager goes well with mushrooms at the little airport.
                            So not a real Aussie then.
                            G U T

Comment

• When does he take office.

Pretty sure it's soon.
                              G U T

Comment

When does he take office.

Pretty sure it's soon.
                                January 20, only a couple of weeks or so now.
                                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X