No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Hillary did get 2 million more votes than Trump, although I accept the Democrats should have selected a better candidate. However, this not the relevant issue; it is Trump's failure to accept the conclusions of America's intelligence agencies, and to condemn Russia's outrageous actions, that raises a serious concern.This is a problem irrespective of whether Russian actions actually influenced the election result.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
      Well Hillary did get 2 million more votes than Trump, although I accept the Democrats should have selected a better candidate. However, this not the relevant issue; it is Trump's failure to accept the conclusions of America's intelligence agencies, and to condemn Russia's outrageous actions, that raises a serious concern.This is a problem irrespective of whether Russian actions actually influenced the election result.
      Hi JohnG
      well I agree with this. although the CIA refusing to answer to congress seems a little fishy to me. if true, they should be held accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Hi JohnG
        well I agree with this. although the CIA refusing to answer to congress seems a little fishy to me. if true, they should be held accountable.
        I can't really imagine the CIA spreading disinformation to discredit a foreign government.
        - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
          I can't really imagine the CIA spreading disinformation to discredit a foreign government.
          Well I don't think they are lying trying to blame the Russians. I just find it odd that they say there's evidence the Russians were behind the leaks, but then refuse to participate in the investigation. And refuse to answer questions to congress.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
            Hillary lost because (in addition to the fact she was slovenly and/or incapable) what was in the emails. Who hacked the emails, and it could have been any of a number including disgruntled Democrats, is immaterial.
            I don't know much about US politics but maybe people were simply bored and frustrated with the same old and it finally came to a head?

Back in the late 1970s, Tony Blair, who is not from our area, and you could put a dog up front as a Labour candidate up here and he'd win the vote; stood for election. So, he did a tour 'round our way, and no one was interested at all nor bothered to even open the front door let alone speak with him.

So, due to a lack of interest, they sent Elsie Tanner 'round, famed soap star from Coronation Street to drum up something. Elsie Tanner is in some way related to Tony Blair's wife. Now, that had people out of their front doors for a chat.

The point is that people are so bored and contemptuous with and of what these politicians have to say, and it's been the case for centuries in England.

So, in the event someone different, even slightly different, comes along can you blame people for feeling that something is more attractive?

My belief is that people are so wedded to the status quo that they can't see any other option, and I feel that Trump being elected is a very good thing for the people of the United States. Yeah, you might not like the small details, but the big picture is that people have said it's time for something different. And, if you can't see that it's time for something different then I don't know what world you're living in.

He might not be the right different, but it's that old saying that you can only solve a problem upon recognising you have one and maybe the Trump vote was the recognition of a problem. And, these people such as the Clintons, Tony Blair, Cameron and assorted clones and career politicians really need to go. They're dangerous because they will say and do anything to achieve power; they have it written all over them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
              I don't know much about US politics but maybe people were simply bored and frustrated with the same old and it finally came to a head?

Back in the late 1970s, Tony Blair, who is not from our area, and you could put a dog up front as a Labour candidate up here and he'd win the vote; stood for election. So, he did a tour 'round our way, and no one was interested at all nor bothered to even open the front door let alone speak with him.

So, due to a lack of interest, they sent Elsie Tanner 'round, famed soap star from Coronation Street to drum up something. Elsie Tanner is in some way related to Tony Blair's wife. Now, that had people out of their front doors for a chat.

The point is that people are so bored and contemptuous with and of what these politicians have to say, and it's been the case for centuries in England.

So, in the event someone different, even slightly different, comes along can you blame people for feeling that something is more attractive?

My belief is that people are so wedded to the status quo that they can't see any other option, and I feel that Trump being elected is a very good thing for the people of the United States. Yeah, you might not like the small details, but the big picture is that people have said it's time for something different. And, if you can't see that it's time for something different then I don't know what world you're living in.

He might not be the right different, but it's that old saying that you can only solve a problem upon recognising you have one and maybe the Trump vote was the recognition of a problem. And, these people such as the Clintons, Tony Blair, Cameron and assorted clones and career politicians really need to go. They're dangerous because they will say and do anything to achieve power; they have it written all over them.
              Bingo. well said.

Comment

• Yes, but next Monday is the day the Electoral College votes to (basically) confirm Trump as our President.

A Harvard law professor is of the opinion that at least 20-- maybe 30-- "faithless electors" may not cast their pledged votes for Trump. If more change their mind between now and Monday, Trump might have a longer wait.

At least 20 GOP Electoral College voters are considering voting against President-elect Donald Trump next week, according to a Harvard constitutional law professor who’s offering legal aid to…

Then again, it could just be ballyhoo, what with no evidence, and all...
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Well I don't think they are lying trying to blame the Russians. I just find it odd that they say there's evidence the Russians were behind the leaks, but then refuse to participate in the investigation. And refuse to answer questions to congress.
                  If the CIA tells everybody how they know, wouldn't that tip off the Russians (or anyone else, China, N.Korea, Iran, etc) on what to change on their hacking technique?

If the good guys are always being forced to tell the world how they recognise bad guys, the bad guys will know how to avoid detection.
                  Is that smart?

It was Trump himself who complained about Obama, always advertising what he is going to do, then all the bad guys get away before the bombing begins.
                  Trump said that was dumb (and he was right), so now he can't complain about the CIA not providing their evidence.
                  The same rule applies.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• It looks like today's final Electoral College vote is:

Donald J. Trump-304
                    Hillary Clinton-228
                    Colin Powell-3
                    Ron Paul-1
                    John Kasich-1
                    Faith Spotted Eagle-1
                    Last edited by sdreid; 12-19-2016, 04:29 PM.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It looks like today's Electoral College vote for Vice President:

Mike Pence-305
                      Tim Kaine-229
                      Susan Collins-1
                      Elizabeth Warren-1
                      Carly Fiorina-1
                      Winona LaDuke-1

Stan Reid

Comment

• I fail to see how sucking up to Putin, while criticizing his own intelligence community, can help portray him as a strong leader. Putin must be laughing his socks off.
                        This is even weaker than Obama.

We shouldn't be surprised, naturally Trump will pander to Russia so as not to jeopardize his own business interests in that country.

We are in for a highly entertaining four years.
                        Last edited by Wickerman; 12-19-2016, 08:02 PM.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Reported final Electoral College vote for Vice President:

Mike Pence-305
                          Tim Kaine-227
                          Elizabeth Warren-2
                          Susan Collins-1
                          Carly Fiorina-1
                          Winona LaDuke-1
                          Maria Cantwell-1

Stan Reid

Comment

• Reported final Electoral College vote for President:

Donald J. Trump-304
                            Hillary Clinton-227
                            Colin Powell-3
                            Ron Paul-1
                            Bernie Sanders-1
                            John Kasich-1
                            Faith Spotted Eagle-1

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

We are in for a highly entertaining four years.
                              Highly entertaining indeed. Especially if the Religion of Peace continues murdering western civilians at the current clip. We had a few wonderfully fun incidents yesterday, didn't we! Just remember. The Trump and Putin thing is the real story here. That's the real danger. Not Islamic terrorists. The Russians are the real worry.........

Anyway, let's keep this Trump thread rolling! HE is problem. And let's makes sure we try not to criticize Islam when trucks get driven into crowds. It feels racist and wrong to acknowledge murder when its not committed by white Christians on abortion clinics.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                                It looks like today's final Electoral College vote is:

Donald J. Trump-304
                                Hillary Clinton-228
                                Colin Powell-3
                                Ron Paul-1
                                John Kasich-1
                                Faith Spotted Eagle-1
                                I'm not sure Stan, but I think that Faith Spotted Eagle may be the first person of Native American heritage to get any electoral votes for an executive branch office since Republican Vice Presidential candidate Charles Curtis did in 1928 and 1932 (in 1928 he was elected, but in 1932 he was defeated, both times running with Herbert Hoover). Curtis had a grandmother who was a member of the Kaw tribe.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X