No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Alfred when they seriously need him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
      Gee Hercule, you must be "Mad" to bring him up!

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
        Gee Hercule, you must be "Mad" to bring him up!

Jeff
        LOL.

I'd rather be 'Mad' than idiot like Trumpety Trump! Then again, let me check with my shrink and see if he agrees with me!!

In the meaantime, Honey! Where did you put my pills? LOL

Cheers,
        Hercule

Comment

• Now Alfred I'd vote for.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I booked off work. I'm going to order sushi, open a beer (or four) and what the US election night with both amusement and dread this year.
            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
              I booked off work. I'm going to order sushi, open a beer (or four) and what the US election night with both amusement and dread this year.
              Thoroughly understood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
                Who's the favourite then as it stands?

I've no more than a mildly curious interest, but surely you couldn't find a worse candidate than Hillary? Even if you searched high and low from here to Outer Mongolia?
                Hold it! there is ONE actually...

Comment

• The Quiet Ruthlessness of the Clinton Campaign
                  By Nicholas Lemann, The New Yorker, November 1, 2016

On Friday, it looked as if Hillary Clinton’s Presidential campaign might be in big trouble. James Comey, the director of the F.B.I., announced that the bureau had found new evidence that might be relevant to the investigation into her e-mails. The evidence, it was soon reported, had surfaced on a laptop belonging to Anthony Weiner, the disgraced former congressman and estranged husband of Huma Abedin, one of Clinton’s closest aides. But, within a few days, the campaign had managed to change the subject from what Comey might find that Clinton had done to what Comey himself had done by making such a dramatic announcement less than two weeks before the election. Somebody mobilized a small army of congressional allies, letter-signing and op-ed-writing former high officials, and Sunday-morning-talk-show guests, all of whom offered severe critiques of Comey. Harry Reid, the Senate Democratic leader, went so far as to accuse Comey of violating the Hatch Act, the federal law that prohibits some high-level officials from engaging in political activity.

Clinton has built up a big lead—and seems likely to maintain it, despite Comey’s revelation—without anyone swooning over the brilliance of her campaign. She comes across in public appearances as being practiced but not inspiring, and released and hacked e-mails have shown us the “Veep”-like atmosphere inside her encampment. But, in her dogged way, she has progressed from having a factious and low-functioning campaign in 2008 to having a factious and high-functioning one in 2016. For the past sixteen months, roughly since Donald Trump’s insult of Senator John McCain (“I like people who weren’t captured”), the Republican Presidential nominee has been behaving in ways that were far outside the bounds of acceptable behavior for a Presidential candidate. For most of that time, it only seemed to make him more popular.

This changed with a series of events, beginning in the summer, that the Clinton campaign either orchestrated or exploited, and that caused Trump to become unhinged at a new, more self-damaging level. These were his conflicts with the federal Judge Gonzalo Curiel, with the parents of Humayun Khan, a Muslim-American soldier killed in Iraq, with the former Miss Universe Alicia Machado, and, finally, with the women who came forward to say that he had groped them. There’s a pattern here: Trump, who thinks of himself as a Seigneur surrounded by admiring and grateful servitors who call him “Mr. Trump” (at least until the moment when he tells them, “You’re fired!”), suddenly finds the social order reversed. The little people are attacking him, and he’s expected to grovel and beg for forgiveness. And that makes him blow up. . . .

More at http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...inton-campaign
                  Christopher T. George
                  Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                  just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                  For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                  RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• He's looking pretty good at the moment.

NY times saying 80% chance he will be the next President.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      He's looking pretty good at the moment.

NY times saying 80% chance he will be the next President.
                      The USA is going through an election which essentially reflects its 'Like' 'Don't like' way of seeing things which means it never goes above the belt or above the tits.

Comment

• The thieving, lying egomaniac won due to the number of idiots in the country who thought him better than sliced bread. I hope they all live to rue the day he won.

Hillary was nothing to rave about, but she was far and away more prepared for the office than the creator of the art of the "steal".

Comment

• Blimey, I just put the computer on and looked at the news. Very surprised here.

Comment

• For the first time, I feel sad to be a citizen of the United States. We have fallen under the sway of a demonstrated liar and through our electoral process supported people in Congress who flip-flopped in their support/condemnation of the man. I fear the idiots who put him in office are in for a rude awakening.

Comment

• All I can think of is the great line from Dr Strangelove.

“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War room!”

Comment

• Attached Files
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X