No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it when Trump told Ted Cruz to shove it. I can't stand that sanctimonious Cruz.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Donald Trump Breaks With Republican Platform On Medical Marijuana
      - Ginger

Comment

• I think he is probably capitalising on the e-mail scandal and hoping to draw Democratic voters, while at the same time he is not very likely to lose any Republican votes over this, now that he is nominated.

Comment

• Perhaps not. I've read that Trump also once stated people should be allowed to go to whichever bathroom they prefer, which may or may not lose him some votes among conservatives.
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
            Perhaps not. I've read that Trump also once stated people should be allowed to go to whichever bathroom they prefer, which may or may not lose him some votes among conservatives.
            That, too, is pandering to the liberals. So long as the alternative is Hillary, he won't lose any votes over it.

Comment

Perhaps not. I've read that Trump also once stated people should be allowed to go to whichever bathroom they prefer, which may or may not lose him some votes among conservatives.
              The right to use whichever bathroom one prefers has become one of the major issues in the USA. I wonder what the authors of the Declaration of independence would say about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
                The right to use whichever bathroom one prefers has become one of the major issues in the USA. I wonder what the authors of the Declaration of independence would say about it.
                Not much. They're dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Not much. They're dead.
                  - Ginger

Comment

He's very much in favour of equal rights for all Americans, and that includes LGBTQ Americans. That's one of the reasons the social conservative wing of the GOP hates and fears him. The "establishment Republicans" hate him because, to the extent that Trump is a team player, that team is named "Trump". He's not going to be bound by the party line.
                    - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                      He's very much in favour of equal rights for all Americans,
                      Unless they are Muslim... in which case he has more than implied that different rules apply.

and that includes LGBTQ Americans. That's one of the reasons the social conservative wing of the GOP hates and fears him.
                      I think most of them know that he isn't going to lift a finger to actively promote gay rights or anything of the kind - at best he is simply going to not stand in the way of whatever each state does. Society moves towards equality in that regard, and not even Ted Cruz as president would have been able to prevent that.

Comment

• I'm not sure that Donald Trump has any firm political beliefs, despite the rhetoric. The fact is he's changed his position on the major issues so many times you can't help but think that he's just making it up as he goes along.
                        I mean, take this gem: on May 8 he stated that he would increase taxes on the wealthy-people like himself. However, on May 9 he came out with this piece of nonsense, suggesting that even the wealthy would pay less: "Now, if I increase it [tax] on the wealthy, that still means they're going to be paying less that they're paying now. I'm not increasing it from this point. I'm talking about increasing it from my tax proposal." http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...itions-n547801

Frankly, I think the only thing Donald Trump truly believes in is Donald Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                          I'm not sure that Donald Trump has any firm political beliefs, despite the rhetoric. The fact is he's changed his position on the major issues so many times you can't help but think that he's just making it up as he goes along.
                          I mean, take this gem: on May 8 he stated that he would increase taxes on the wealthy-people like himself. However, on May 9 he came out with this piece of nonsense, suggesting that even the wealthy would pay less: "Now, if I increase it [tax] on the wealthy, that still means they're going to be paying less that they're paying now. I'm not increasing it from this point. I'm talking about increasing it from my tax proposal." http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...itions-n547801

Frankly, I think the only thing Donald Trump truly believes in is Donald Trump.
                          Hi JohnG
                          I'm no Trump fan and he is obviously an ego maniac, but IMHO I truly believe he is doing this for all the right reasons-He really believes he can help this country. (if he wins whether he can is another question!)

Hillary-now-not so sure. I cant help but feel she is running for president well, because she really wants to be president. power and personal gain-- and her track record backs that up IMHO.

Not to mention shes a borderline criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            Hi JohnG
                            I'm no Trump fan and he is obviously an ego maniac, but IMHO I truly believe he is doing this for all the right reasons-He really believes he can help this country. (if he wins whether he can is another question!)

Hillary-now-not so sure. I cant help but feel she is running for president well, because she really wants to be president. power and personal gain-- and her track record backs that up IMHO.

Not to mention shes a borderline criminal.
                            So is Trump, if you look at his business record. I also do not believe his goals are any nobler than Hillary's, and like John said, his flip-flopping demonstrates quite clearly that he cares more about votes than causes. And he is certainly nowhere near as qualified as Hillary, and regardless of what domestic policies he would enact, he would be an international disaster. I was not even this worried when Bush was re-elected.

As for the alleged borderline criminal activity of Hillary, I have no idea why people are so shocked. I take it for granted that politicians engage in this sort of cloak-and-dagger stuff, and the only difference between Hillary and Trump in this area - as far as I'm concerned - is that Hillary happened to get caught.

Comment

• My observation is that conservative Republicans have been down on Hillary since she was the First Lady, back in Bill's days as POTUS.

Yes, presidents and other high-level cabinet leaders should be smart enough to follow security protocol and keep things secret, but mistakes happen.

Do any of you think that whoever wins the election is in danger of being assassinated? Would either candidate's VP nominee make a better President in case that happens (God forbid, of course)?
                              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                              ---------------
                              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                              ---------------

Comment

Do any of you think that whoever wins the election is in danger of being assassinated? Would either candidate's VP nominee make a better President in case that happens (God forbid, of course)?
                                I think there is always a danger, though if Obama can survive two terms, who knows? But in both camps, I would feel a lot better with the VPs as the Ps, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X