Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fawlty Towers

Im sure I'm not the only fan.

But just heard they're doing a stage play.

I believe Sydney is first to get it.

Now trying to get tickets.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Huh. Good on you, Gutster. All we have here is a stage musical version of the Disney movie "Newsies".

Of course I remember dear old befuddled and frequently insane Basil and his household. That's when I learned the British humor of embarrassment... And how not to dispose of a dead guest...
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      Huh. Good on you, Gutster. All we have here is a stage musical version of the Disney movie "Newsies".

Of course I remember dear old befuddled and frequently insane Basil and his household. That's when I learned the British humor of embarrassment... And how not to dispose of a dead guest...
      But don't mention the war.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Don't mention the war? Yes. Fine. Right. Thank you so bloody much.

Comment

And don't hire a Spanish speaking waiter with a pet rat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            Que? Que? Ess my pet!
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

And just 12 episodes in all.
              G U T

Comment

Is Hamster!

Comment

Originally posted by Qlder View Post
                  Is Hamster!
                  Hampster
                  G U T

Comment

Just booked for August.

We wanted to do something to celebrate 20 years at the Bar and its also our 35th Anniversary, so a show and a feed seemed the go. May even stay the night in the Big Smoke.
                    G U T

Comment

G'day GUT,

Why is Sydney called "the Big Smoke"? A lot of pollution? Edinburgh used to be called "Auld Reekie" because of it's smell.

Jeff

Comment

G'day GUT,

Why is Sydney called "the Big Smoke"? A lot of pollution? Edinburgh used to be called "Auld Reekie" because of it's smell.

Jeff
                        Compared to where I live just about everywhere has a lot of pollution.

In Aus any city is "The Big Smoke".

Hate cities.

Hate

Hate

Hate.
                        G U T

Comment

I've heard visitors comment on how clean Sydney is for a city of its size.

But all tha does is makes me wonder how dirty their city must be.

But I live in the Hunter Valley and the air is pretty clean. Much of the areas around me are devoted to vineyards and horse breeding Tigether with coal mining. Now once coal mining was all underground so didn't contribute much pollution but now it seems to be pretty much all open cut, but at the same time moving further up the valley and away from me.

Even Newcastle, where I work us pretty clean since the steel works shut down.

Did I think to mention that I hate Cities, not sure I could live in one. But Mes Gut grew up in Sydney's Western Suburbs so some Goid things come out of Sydney.

I was lucky enough to grow up in a small town (called Wangi Wangi) on the edge of the most beautiful Lake, where everyone knew everyone.
                          G U T

Comment

Were there crocs in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                              Were there crocs in it?
                              Crocs are more up North.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X