The X-Files Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The X-Files Return

Watched the first episode of the new series. A little slow but a very interesting twist on the original plot. I have always had a crush on Gillian Anderson. She still looks good thirteen years later but she seemed to have taken about ten valium and somehow trained her face to show no expression at all.

What did you think?

c.d.

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    Watched the first episode of the new series. A little slow but a very interesting twist on the original plot. I have always had a crush on Gillian Anderson. She still looks good thirteen years later but she seemed to have taken about ten valium and somehow trained her face to show no expression at all.

What did you think?

c.d.
    Mulder was a little overweight and Scully always looked tired to me.
    Anyhow, the revamping of the series was delivered over here as in two parts, Part 1 & part 2.
    Neither the missus nor myself saw any connection between the two stories, did we both miss something?
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Jon,

I only saw the first episode so can't comment on a connection.

Agree that Mulder has gained weight (haven't we all).

c.d.

Comment

I've only seen part 1 of the first episode, but enjoyed seeing the actors slip into their familiar roles again. Mulder's enthusiasm for his new bugaboo ("hey! it was a hoax all along!") is dampened a bit by Scully's revealation re the alien DNA. I think he'll do another about-face soon. And wasn't it great to see Cigarette-Smoking Man (or what's left of him) fielding mysterious phone calls again?
        I enjoyed it.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Fox looked rather plastic to me, his face would hardly move

It's a six part mini series which I thought would be all 'mythology' episodes but after seeing episode 2 it appears to follow the original format of a mythology episode now and again.

Probably testing the water to see if a new 20 odd episode series is worth it.

Comment

If they are testing the waters, they blew it with the third show, it's so bad its not even funny, unless the script writer is a 10 year old.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I thought it was funny. Reminded me a bit of something Douglas Adams might have written, about life, depression, and death. Loved the ending.
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

They're back on track with this next episode...
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  They're back on track with this next episode...
                  Watched it this morning. I think it is one of the best of this new batch, possibly of the classic series, as well. A fresh approach to the "thought form" that can become real enough to have a mind of its own.
                  ---------------
                  ---------------

Comment

Working...
                  X