Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormon Apocalypse Prediction Has People Stocking Up On Food

c.d.

Not the first time and won't be the last.
    Of course it'll happen one day ,probably a massive meteor strike but hopefully a few millennia will come and go before then...
    You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

according to the scientists the apocalypse is definitely in several billion years when our sun runs out of hydrogen to convert into helium and dies.

of course there could be some other cosmic catastrophe like a giant asteroid hitting the Earth, but the sun dying after several billion years is assured.

Hopefully, i'll finished reading The Silmarillion by then.

Comment

The world coming to an end is something that happens to other people.

It couldn't happen to me.

Comment

If it's the end of the world they don't need food

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
            If it's the end of the world they don't need food
            I'm pretty sure I've warned you before about using common sense around here.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I humbly beg your forgiveness. I will attempt to refrain from this unacceptable behaviour in future

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                I humbly beg your forgiveness. I will attempt to refrain from this unacceptable behaviour in future
                You're excused.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Won't their magic underwear save them?

Comment

Not if it's a nuclear apocalypse, with its deleterious effects on underwear. Have you not heard of Cherknob'll fallout?

Comment

So when this doesn't happen, will these sociopaths all voluntarily commit themselves?
                      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                        So when this doesn't happen, will these sociopaths all voluntarily commit themselves?
                        If only

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          Most likely they will insist they were misunderstood by scoffers and disbelievers (i.e., the media) and pick a new date! This is what happened in the 1840s when the followers of one William Miller insisted the world would end on a specific date (which Miller found by a set of "simple" calculations from the Book of Revelation) in 1843. The date came and passed without a single major change happening. He recalculated, apologized, and said it would be in 1844. The day came and passed. Gabriel's horn was not blown. There was no rolling up of the heavens into a parchment. Jesus did not reappear to start hearing the cases of the citizens of earth. Miller was discredited with the general public, but persevered. One has to admire his grit in doing so. He and the loyal followers created a group you may have heard of - "the Seventh Day Adventists". But they have not been silly enough to try a third year for the great end of the world event.

Comment

If you read the article, you'll see the "prediction" has been discounted by the Church of the Latter Day Saints (aka the Mormon Church), which is advising their followers that the world will not end this month, and young Mormons can expect long and happy lives.

The "prediction" is in a book written by Mormon mother of three, following her near-death experience, stating there will be a "financial collapse" later this month that will bring about the end of the world by Sept. 28th.

I think the people writing headlines for websites have a lot to answer for-- the simple use of the possessive would have changed it from the entire church to a single individual Mormon.

That said, I did hear that the compound of the polygamist sect led by Mr Jeffs was destroyed by a flood recently, so that's good news. Not that they are recognized as Mormons offically, of course.
                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

Comment

There was a flash flood in Hildal, Utah where a lot of FLDS are holed up. Last I read they expected 20 or so dead. The compound ranch is in Texas & was seized by the state last year.
                              I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Working...
                              X