Man Attempts to Take Selfie with Rattlesnake - May Lose Hand as a Result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Attempts to Take Selfie with Rattlesnake - May Lose Hand as a Result

California man picked up the snake to take a photo with it; rattlesnakes increasingly becoming a problem due to the drought

c.d.

This selfie craze may thin the herd of stupid people, if it goes on for much longer.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Boy there really is no cure for dumb, but this one came close.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I like his mother.

Comment

There was a second "act" to the selfie idiocy. Some stupid adolescent decided to do a selfie with a rifle (this was in Pennsylvania I believe) pretending he was committing suicide. He ended up failing to make sure the gun was unloaded, and shot himself in the chest - as a result he died. This makes the earlier fool with the rattlesnake look smarter: he only lost a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            There was a second "act" to the selfie idiocy. Some stupid adolescent decided to do a selfie with a rifle (this was in Pennsylvania I believe) pretending he was committing suicide. He ended up failing to make sure the gun was unloaded, and shot himself in the chest - as a result he died. This makes the earlier fool with the rattlesnake look smarter: he only lost a hand.
            Maybe we have a winner for the Darwin Awards.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Maybe we have a winner for the Darwin Awards.
              It looks that way GUT.

If you get a chance take a look at a thread I put up last month under Druitt in the Suspects section - I have expanded it a bit (might as well, nobody noted the initial issue I put it under - Druitt and Culture). I'd like to get your reaction to it.

Jeff

Comment

The latest thing among tourists is a "selfie stick." I'll let you Google it. I can't even bear to describe it. I was in Greece in July, though, and I kept wishing that you were allowed to beat people who caused foot traffic jams with their own selfie-sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
                  The latest thing among tourists is a "selfie stick." I'll let you Google it. I can't even bear to describe it. I was in Greece in July, though, and I kept wishing that you were allowed to beat people who caused foot traffic jams with their own selfie-sticks.
                  I was a photographer for many years, two things that should be banned selfie sticks and people taking photos on tablets.

It seems that if you are using either of these you can just jam it in front of people taking photos and it doesn't count.

And if I get hit with one more selfie stick, I'll murder someone.
                  G U T

Comment

Yet again I'm forced to blame the parents
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                      Yet again I'm forced to blame the parents
                      Actually, his mother is on record as saying that he is an idiot, and deserves what happens to him, if I'm understanding the article correctly. She's not making any excuses for him.

He does look awfully young to be a father of three, so maybe his mother hasn't been much of a mother, then, and shouldn't be surprised when he screws up.

When I first saw this thread title, I thought this would be about those religious snake handlers. Since it's not, then what the hell? who thinks it's a good idea to pick up a rattlesnake, let alone take a selfie with one?

Comment

When I first saw this thread title, I thought this would be about those religious snake handlers. Since it's not, then what the hell? who thinks it's a good idea to pick up a rattlesnake, let alone take a selfie with one?
                        Personally, I'm not all that convinced that it's a good idea in a religious context either.
                        - Ginger

Comment

Actually, his mother is on record as saying that he is an idiot, and deserves what happens to him, if I'm understanding the article correctly. She's not making any excuses for him.

He does look awfully young to be a father of three, so maybe his mother hasn't been much of a mother, then, and shouldn't be surprised when he screws up.

idiots?
                          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                            Personally, I'm not all that convinced that it's a good idea in a religious context either.
                            No, but at least it's a reason, even if it's a Darwinian one.
                            Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            idiots?
                            Well, yeah, but even idiots usually have some thought process. Unless this guy was Patrick Star-dumb, in which case, I wonder how he figured out how to make three children. Or use a cell phone. Or maybe he just didn't know that rattlesnakes bite. Can you get to adulthood in the US without stumbling on that fact?

I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this one.

I really hope he doesn't lose his hand, since he has three kids to support, and I bet he doesn't have insurance (other than the tiny policy he was forced to buy, that may deny his claim on the grounds of, he is at fault), so he'll probably be literally paying for this mistake for years, which out to go a long way toward teaching him a lesson he won't soon forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                              Or any other for that matter.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X