Passed by Protesters at the Supreme Court Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi GUT

Very true, I remember a batsman, lets call him Ricky Pouting, who went for a run that was never on, he got run out by an English substitute fielder, on for an injured player.
    Did Pouting hold his hand up and admit it was his fault? He did not, he came out with a load of abuse and accused us of cheating.

How wise you are.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
      Hi GUT

Very true, I remember a batsman, lets call him Ricky Pouting, who went for a run that was never on, he got run out by an English substitute fielder, on for an injured player.
      Did Pouting hold his hand up and admit it was his fault? He did not, he came out with a load of abuse and accused us of cheating.

How wise you are.

All the best.
      Gilly would've walked.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Man I miss Hitchens.

c.d.
        So do I. So do many. I don't agree with him 100% on his politics, but what a talent!

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
          Christopher Hitchens had an interesting take on Lazarus. He said that as the only person in history to be brought back from the dead that he would have been incredibly famous in his time with everyone asking him what it was like to be dead. You would think that he would have written a book and gone on talk shows but he only has a couple of lines devoted to him in the Bible and is never heard of again. Very strange.

c.d.
          Assuming the gospels were supposed to be read as objective, scientific history?

Comment

I believe there are a range of views on biblical authenticity, from fundamentalists who believe it to be literally the word of God to progressive critics who see it more as allegory, or the need for a growing movement to establish credibility.

I don't see the divine in the protestors actions, more the all too familiar human tendency to pick on those that are different.

All the best.

p.s. Gilly, now he WAS a player.

Comment

Unfortunately it's a relationship world and there is a natural nosiness in human affairs. I used to watch the odd medical drama, hoping that there'd be a good storyline about some deadly illness and how the docs manage to beat it. But even when such stories did occur, they were overshadowed by the romance between Doc X and Nurse Y. The docs seem to spend most of their time sorting out their patients' private lives. It's the same with detective dramas - two people are working on a case, so naturally there has to be a romance. At least there was never any nonsense between Poirot and Miss Lemon, or Hastings and Miss Lemon.

Comment

I fancied Miss Lemon.

Will they won't they? a staple of all opposite sex relationships on the tellybox.
                I wonder if that was the idea behind Lucy Liu as Watson? Or as it some PC thing?
                I'm agin it, Watson was a man, written for a man, to be played by a man.
                Otherwise I'm putting forward The Stath for Elizabeth Bennett in a new version of Pride and Prejudice.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Now I've got the mental image of Poirot returning to the flat and finding Miss Lemon slapping out some funky basslines.

It's not altogether unpleasant.

all the best.

Comment

"Sacre bleu! The She Trinity has four members! You are - 'ow you say - pulling the leg, Miss Lemon."

Comment

Poirot "Ze little grey cells cannot 'andle zis concept!"

Miss Lemon, after a long toke on a juke, "Just.......................chill man"

In other news, I'm sure Julia Mckenzie was in Sweeney Todd on stage, and I'm confidently expecting to hear any day now that Geraldine Mcewan was the drummer in heavy metal gods Anvil.

Comment

Working...
                        X