No announcement yet.

Angry U.S. Republicans Rip Pope Francis Over Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy who created the term 'Climate Change' is Frank Luntz. He was/is a strategist for the Republican party. A lot of what he does is to change the wording of things to either A, make it seem less harmful, or B, to completely change the way something is looked at, especially by conservative constituents. Another example is the creation of the idea of a two-state solution to the Israeli Palestinian conflict, which is just a way to pacify the glo
    bal community as Israel does not want such a thing...and I'm simply stating Israeli consensus on the idea. At the same time he helped to change wording diuring negotiations between the two groups from 'Palestinian negotiation points', to 'demands'. This is because it is believed that Americans don't like the word 'demand' and will side with Israel. He fully admits this stuff and it is another reason to hate politics and the **** that some parties pull in order to retain power.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post

One, I think the name change from global warming to climate change was to offset all the people who inevitably take every cold winter or big snow to mock the very idea of global warming as if it's that simple.
      Some people do not know the difference between weather and climate.

Two, I think there's a mindset out there that if it could be demonstrated that man is not causing the problem, then the problem doesn't exist. Personally I think climate change is something that happens cyclically, always has and always will, that it was happening millions of years before man existed on the planet but that this time around it just might be being nudged along a little faster than usual by human activity but would still be happening even if that wasn't the case.
      It would, the climate is always changing, but that is an argument of obfuscation, typically used by deniers.

The argument is not one of IF it is changing, but how fast it is changing.
      The normal cyclical change is slow and allows for the natural evolution of life to adapt.
      The gradual shift of climate can be tracked in the earth's strata, it takes thousands to hundreds of thousands of years. We are experiencing changes in decades over the last two centuries.
      That is a phenomenal rate of change.

I've heard that the active volcanoes of the world have far more of an impact on the atmosphere than anything man does.
      That would actually help in one respect. Volcanic fallout will obscure sunlight and assist cooling, but there will obviously be negative consequences to that solution too.

And three, for the most extreme alarmists out there, calm down. Global warming does not mean that Earth is going to become a burned-out cinder and we're all going to die. A new ice age would be a much more serious problem.
      There is a great deal of talk about "Tipping Points", while it is true that a gradual increase in temperatures does not automatically mean the end of human life on this planet, it must be remembered that once the ice has gone, there will be no way of bringing it back to assist cooling.
      Scientists are concerned that the Tipping Point to avoid unstoppable escalation of temperature across the globe may be nearer than we think.
      Having never lived through a global shift in climate, we cannot accurately predict the consequences.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

The anti-global warming arguments I've read on another forum, mostly populated by Americans, seem to reflect a distrust of both the government and of science. "You can make statistics say anything" and "History has always shown minute changes in the overall climate of the world" are typical arguments I've seen. Religion rarely enters into it, but that may simply be the nature of the interest group the forum is located at.
        I do not deny climate change, nor global warming. Anyone with eyes and a brain can see there are changes in the ice caps, etc.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          The anti-global warming arguments I've read on another forum, mostly populated by Americans, seem to reflect a distrust of both the government and of science. "You can make statistics say anything" and "History has always shown minute changes in the overall climate of the world" are typical arguments I've seen. Religion rarely enters into it, but that may simply be the nature of the interest group the forum is located at.
          I do not deny climate change, nor global warming. Anyone with eyes and a brain can see there are changes in the ice caps, etc.
          Exactly. It is not a scientific question to those people but rather one of politics. Religion does enter into it because Evangelical Christians are very conservative and make up a huge part of the Republican party. They deny evolution so you can imagine how they feel about global warming. Things which they don't want to be true simply can't be true.

c.d.

Comment

Here's a wild one:

SHOCK: I FOUND THE CLIMATE CHANGE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO. MAKE VIRAL

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Every time we get a wet winter, more and more of England disappears under water.
              I suspect conspiracy.
              Scotland has all those bonny highlands, and has anyone noticed that their leaders are Salmond and Sturgeon?
              It's obviously a diabolical plot by the fish people off of Stingray.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
                Every time we get a wet winter, more and more of England disappears under water.
                I suspect conspiracy.
                Scotland has all those bonny highlands, and has anyone noticed that their leaders are Salmond and Sturgeon?
                It's obviously a diabolical plot by the fish people off of Stingray.

All the best.
                Do you think they'll transport the Loch Ness Monster to the Lake Country when they win?

Comment

Aye, and they will toss it a sassenach from time to time.

The cookery shows will be different, we will have the Great British Fry Off.

all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
                    And three, for the most extreme alarmists out there, calm down. Global warming does not mean that Earth is going to become a burned-out cinder and we're all going to die. A new ice age would be a much more serious problem.
                    You might want to do some research what will/could happen if we lose the polar ice caps. Ice age is not even child's play compared to that.

Comment

Global Cooling - We're All Doomed (Spock says so!):

Yes, 35 years ago in 1977, this was the thinking before the global warming malarkey we have now!

Global Climate Change Myth - We're All Being Hustled:

The Great Global Warming SwindleOriginally broadcasted March 8, 2007 on British Channel 4.A documentary, by British television producer Martin Durkin, which ...

Man-made Global Warming Crisis - We're All Doomed (Again):

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        And speaking of an "Ice Age" that was the prediction in the 70s.
                        And back in the day the earth was flat and the earth was the center of the universe. That's the way the science works, you make the predictions based on the data you have. Sometimes you make mistakes but it doesn't mean every prediction is faulty.

Oh it's not that long ago when the republicans and their supporters were against the ban of leaded gasoline.

"It's perfectly safe."

Comment

Working...
                        X