No announcement yet.

British PM Cameron Mocked for Eating Hot Dog with Fork and Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the fork and knife, he should be mocked for eating a hot dog with ketchup instead of mustard. Ketchup on a hot dog is an abomination.

c.d.

Comment

There is a similar story told about former U.S. President George Herbert Walker Bush. Apparently he was campaigning in some little blue collar, working class bar. After he finished his stump speech, he said "and drinks are on me." The bartender immediately started pouring out beers. He then looked at Bush and said "and for you, Mr. Bush?" Bush said "I'll have a Courvoisier." One of his aides gave him a sharp elbow in the ribs and Bush immediately added "with a beer chaser."

c.d.

Comment

Reminds me of the Bob Hope line - it may have been in one of the Road movies. Hope walks into a rough bar and says he'll have a pint of milk. When people start looking at him he swiftly adds "in a dirty glass!"

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
          Forget the fork and knife, he should be mocked for eating a hot dog with ketchup instead of mustard. Ketchup on a hot dog is an abomination.

c.d.
          Personally I have both.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I don't mind Thousand Island but don't like Russian.

Too much Gherkin in Russian.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

As an aside on Pickle or Gherkin.

Macca's in Australia put the rotten things on everything, I am waiting for t to be added to ice cream.

Here most seem to end up n the rubbish, some restaurants leave them off on NYE and other big nights as they end up being thrown at people and on windows for races.

Do they do the same where you are.
              G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                As an aside on Pickle or Gherkin.
                I often eat hot dogs (and especially bratwurst!) with a kosher dill spear (a quarter of a pickle, sliced lengthwise) put in the bun alongside the hotdog as the condiment. I love 'em that way!
                - Ginger

Comment

Personally I have both.
                  ...and to think I once held you in high esteem.

c.d.

Comment

c.d.
                    Fool!
                    G U T

Comment

Just to clarify my earlier post on Gherkins/Pickles

Maccas = McDonald's Family Restaurants, or the Golden Arches
                      G U T

Comment

c.d.
                        Cheese or cheese sauce too.
                        G U T

Comment

They have to put a dill pickle on their burgers, otherwise the burger would taste of absolutely nothing.

If you would care to try a genuine hot-dog, go to the main street of Hof, Bavaria, Germany, where you can buy from one of several street vendors a lovely bratwurst or a real Frankfurter lovingly enclosed in a fresh, warm, crusty bread roll. Mustard if you want it, and also ketchup. Never saw sauerkraut on offer, though, which is strange. These hot-dogs blow the US item out of the window.

Hot Dog - something that feeds the hand that bites it.

Graham
                          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Personally I have both.
                            I like both.. plus onion, sometimes dill pickle... or sometimes Chili and Cheese...but nothing would make a London Hot Dog good hahaha

I live near a small town in NY called Hamburg NY, and every few years some group protests and tries to get the village to change it's name (usually to veggie burg or one wanted Tofu burg!)I once ran into a group of Vegan protestors picketing the city line...mostly young college age kids.. and they started yelling at me and calling me an animal killer and what not.. then they got mad when I pointed out I am far more humane then they are, because my meals are at least killed before they are eaten.. many of those veggies they are eating raw.. and ALIVE!!! hahah..I'm all for vegetarians, or vegans.. more power to ya.. I couldn’t do it, but when you want to start throwing things at me, and yelling and calling me names.. and I have seen some cases where they try and get physical ( not with me.. I'm 6'5 and over 300 lbs...they may be young but not that stupid) then I draw the line...

Steadmund Brand
                            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

but nothing would make a London Hot Dog good hahaha
                              Here in the UK we can and do buy top-quality Frankfurters from one of the many deli shops in most urban areas. However, those folk who sell hot-dogs over the counter, out of vans and hand-carts etc., use horrible tinned (canned) Frankfurters the manufacture of which should be banned. And before you say anything, I saw them on supermarket shelves in the USA when I lived there, and they were just as foul as British ones. Yet just down the aisle in the deli section were proper Frankfurters.......

My other major gripe is the bread rolls used to make hot-dogs both sides of the pond - dreadful soft 'processed' bread that tastes of sod-all. When I make hot-dogs chez Graham I have the decency to use baguettes. So there.

Graham
                              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                                Here in the UK we can and do buy top-quality Frankfurters from one of the many deli shops in most urban areas. However, those folk who sell hot-dogs over the counter, out of vans and hand-carts etc., use horrible tinned (canned) Frankfurters the manufacture of which should be banned. And before you say anything, I saw them on supermarket shelves in the USA when I lived there, and they were just as foul as British ones. Yet just down the aisle in the deli section were proper Frankfurters.......

My other major gripe is the bread rolls used to make hot-dogs both sides of the pond - dreadful soft 'processed' bread that tastes of sod-all. When I make hot-dogs chez Graham I have the decency to use baguettes. So there.

Graham
                                Oh believe me, I do not mean to insult the city, I LOVED everything about it, in fact it is one of my, if not my favorite city in the world, my own city included, just that chippy cart hot dog was terrible... it was seriously the worst food I ever tried, so I love making fun of it....most of the food I have had in London is fine (well... I did try a thing that was called a "pizza" in the pub in my hotel once.....that was pretty bad and was nothing resembling a pizza. but not hot dog bad ).

a hot dog bun is much better if it's toasted a bit... that helps.. but you are right, and hotdogs are much better grilled then boiled... but ok well

funny... all this hot dog talk now I want one.... maybe I will for dinner.. and Graham, if you make it back to this side of the pond anytime soon and are near me.. I'll take you out for the best hot dogs in the world ( A local company makes them) but still.. nothing beats our chicken wings... we are world famous for those...in fact most places name them after us here in Buffalo.. if anyone from the boards is ever going to be in the Buffalo NY area or Southern Ontario Canada area I'll take them out for the best Wings!!

Steadmund Brand
                                "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X