Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans Will Drink 325.5 Million Gallons of Beer on Super Bowl Sunday

c.d.

But that's only about a gallon each, have Yanks gone off beer???
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Australians Will Drink 325.5 Million Gallons of Beer on Any Given Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
        Australians Will Drink 325.5 Million Gallons of Beer on Any Given Sunday
        Or Monday,

Or Tuesday

Or Wednesday

Or Thursday

Or Friday

Or Saturday
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          But that's only about a gallon each, have Yanks gone off beer???
          Bear in mind that those 1.23 billion chicken wings take up a lot of room.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
            Bear in mind that those 1.23 billion chicken wings take up a lot of room.

c.d.
            I have to say it looks like one hell of a lot of food all up, I seriously wonder how much will be eaten and how much will be wasted.
            G U T

Comment

With all that beer and food, pretty much everybody watching the game will have passed out by halftime.

c.d.

Comment

Fist off...my brother will eat that many wings himself.....yes the world needs to thank Buffalo for the glory that is the chicken wing (even if EVERYWHERE other than Buffalo messes them up......anyone ever come to Buffalo let me know....i'll take you for the best wings!!!!...second that estimate on beer seems quite low...then again..now that I no longer drink it may be correct.....enjoy the game everyone and stay safe.

Steadmund Brand
                "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                  Fist off...my brother will eat that many wings himself.....yes the world needs to thank Buffalo for the glory that is the chicken wing (even if EVERYWHERE other than Buffalo messes them up......anyone ever come to Buffalo let me know....i'll take you for the best wings!!!!...second that estimate on beer seems quite low...then again..now that I no longer drink it may be correct.....enjoy the game everyone and stay safe.

Steadmund Brand
                  If I ever get there which is doubtful I'll join you in some wings.
                  G U T

Comment

Buffalo wings must be huge to get one of those beasts off the ground, and what about the droppings, pelicans are bad enough.
                    G U T

Comment

.. I have trouble imagining half a billion chickens, let alone that many wings being consumed in a single day.

I thought the beer estimate must have a misplaced decimal point.. that a LOT of beer, especially when you think, not all of the population of the country is going to be drinking.. so the gallon-per head count is huge.

A gallon of beer is a lot of beer. I haven't drunk that much beer since... oh, must be... last weekend. Kidding. No really.

Anyone have a good recipe for buffalo wings?

Comment

To make them authentic you deep fry the wings (no breading!!!!)..then the trick is the sauce...you have to use Franks red hot sauce (buffalo product...but is sold all over now...or by mail order)....you have to put the sauce in a large metal bowl (use butter to make it more mild if you like) and put the cooked wings in the bowl and shake it around and toss it...don't stir...and then dump them on the plate with the excess sauce on top...and for dipping...you should only use blue cheese dressing (thick not the salad topping) other places use ranch dip (that's so wrong...and not authentic buffalo)...and enjoy.
                        .that's the way they are made in Buffalo....basically...each place has their own secret...but that's it in a nutshell...

Steadmund Brand
                        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                          To make them authentic you deep fry the wings (no breading!!!!)..then the trick is the sauce...you have to use Franks red hot sauce (buffalo product...but is sold all over now...or by mail order)....you have to put the sauce in a large metal bowl (use butter to make it more mild if you like) and put the cooked wings in the bowl and shake it around and toss it...don't stir...and then dump them on the plate with the excess sauce on top...and for dipping...you should only use blue cheese dressing (thick not the salad topping) other places use ranch dip (that's so wrong...and not authentic buffalo)...and enjoy.
                          .that's the way they are made in Buffalo....basically...each place has their own secret...but that's it in a nutshell...

Steadmund Brand
                          Mmmmmmmmmm nobody here seems to use blue cheese sauce and I loooooooooove blue cheese.
                          G U T

Comment

Well damn. I *really* dislike blue cheese, in any of the forms of evil in which it manifests.

But I like the hot sauce idea. Alternatives for blue cheese.. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
                              Well damn. I *really* dislike blue cheese, in any of the forms of evil in which it manifests.

But I like the hot sauce idea. Alternatives for blue cheese.. ?
                              Ranch dressing, garlic aoli, 1000 islands, I've got a delightful avocado and something that use on Pasta and avo salad, they'd all do, but why when you can have blue cheese, mmmmmmmmmmmm blue cheese in any form it manifests.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X