Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the UK

Hi all,
    I'm new on this forum and I thought it would be nice to introduce myself.

Me: Dutch girl living in the UK and quite new to this obsession.
    I'm collecting books and info and I've been indulging in this JtR heaven on info.

And as we are in the forum pub: drinks are on me.

Hello Akrigg!

Mines a Carlsberg.

All the best.

Comment

G'day Akrigg

welcome. enjoy.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Welcome Welcome!!!

What sparked your interest in the case if I may ask... and please... because you are new, drinks are on me

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Hello akrigg and welcome,I am anyone's after two drinks .
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
            Welcome Welcome!!!

What sparked your interest in the case if I may ask... and please... because you are new, drinks are on me

Steadmund Brand
            Bloody hell I got no free drinks when I was newbie.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
              Hello akrigg and welcome,I am anyone's after two drinks .
              I heard that that was before the two drinks.
              G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                I heard that that was before the two drinks.
                I wish you wouldn't try and mess about on here after all we are ambassadors for this site and we don't won't the newbie to get the wrong idea.
                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I wish you wouldn't try and mess about on here after all we are ambassadors for this site and we don't won't the newbie to get the wrong idea.
                  I'm not sure there is a wrong idea. On the informational threads we tend to be very professional. On the social ones... we're just as odd a lot as any other internet gathering.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                    I'm not sure there is a wrong idea. On the informational threads we tend to be very professional. On the social ones... we're just as odd a lot as any other internet gathering.
                    That's why I like the social ones "Odd" seems to fit.
                    G U T

Comment

Hello Akrigg

Firstly welcome to Casebook, and I hope you find your time here as rewarding as I have...

Please forgive the immature comments from the still-adolescent 40 or 50 year olds who have previously commented...I'm a mature and mellow 61, and mine's a double scotch please...

It genuinely would be interesting though to know what it was, as a "Dutch girl", as you put it, that grabbed your attention...I notice you're beginning to gather books...what have you so far?

All the best

Dave

Comment

I will have you know I'm very mature and I have a large collection of books some of which I havnt started to colour in yet.

Comment

I will have you know I'm very mature and I have a large collection of books some of which I havnt started to colour in yet.
                          Make sure you stay in the lines.

Something by the way which I could never do.
                          G U T

Comment

I use crayons I'm not allowed anything sharp.

Comment

Love the comments! Made me chuckle this cold morning.
                              Thanks for the warm welcome!

My interest got sparked after I received a book set as a gift and one of them was the life of JtR.
                              I already heard a lot about it but it never really registered until then.

Now, I'm an info addict!
                              I want to know everything, read everything and well..joining you lot of course

Comment

Working...
                              X