Hello from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Colorado

Hi, I have just been approved to the Casebook Forums. I've been interested in Victorian London since reading my first Sherlock Holmes story at the age of ten. I love puzzles, mysteries, fiction, research, and librarianship. I've read a bit on the Ripper cases and watched any documentaries which come on television over here.
    I write fan fiction, and my co-author and I wrote a published story some years ago in which we borrowed Mr. Stevenson's character "Mr. Hyde" to be our Jack the Ripper.
    My interest in the case was recently recharged when I read Moore and Campbell's graphic novel "From Hell: being a melodrama in sixteen parts", and I soon found this site.
    I have browsed a lot among the articles and threads here, and am happy to join the posters! Hope to learn a lot and enrich my life.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Greetings my friend and welcome it's all one big happy family on here we all get on and no one disagrees within any one p.s don't mention the shawl.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hello....

Hi PC Dunn,
      Welcome. You'll have a blast on here.

Pinkmoon has a valid point about the shawl. Other topics to avoid are:

Black Jelly Beans, Digging holes with spoons and D.N.A.

Also, best not to read any books that claim 'Case Solved' or you'll never hear the end of it.

Amanda

Comment

case closed

You are only allowed to claim case closed if you have made up the facts to support your story.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Thank you all very much for the welcomes and advice. I haven't read any of the newer "case solved" books, so I'm safe there. The idea that Charles "Lewis Carroll" Dodgson was a serial killer is perhaps the most absurd theory I've read about here. (I haven't read so much nonsense about anagrams since reading an excellent book on the Shakespeare authorship controversy a few years ago.)
          All right, that's one suspect eliminated-- now on to the others!
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Welcome PC Dunn. I hope you have a great time on here.

Comment

Welcome Pcdunn,
              I am sure you will enjoy your time on the boards.
              I am quite new to this myself, but they seem a friendly enough bunch.

If you keep in mind the words of Dr "Bones" McCoy in Star Trek, you'll be fine.

"It's life Jim, but not as we know it".

Comment

Hello there, PC Dunn!
                - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                  You are only allowed to claim case closed if you have made up the facts to support your story.
                  Ha Ha!
                  I like this.

Very, very true!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                    Hi PC Dunn,
                    Welcome. You'll have a blast on here.

Pinkmoon has a valid point about the shawl. Other topics to avoid are:

Black Jelly Beans, Digging holes with spoons and D.N.A.

Also, best not to read any books that claim 'Case Solved' or you'll never hear the end of it.

Amanda
                    Hey.. what's wrong with Black Jelly Beans!!! (the answer is nothing.. they are perfect!!!) I'm still in training.. I will win gold for the U.S.A!!! ( new Olympic event we want.. sitting around in your underwear watching sports eating black jelly beans...see what you walked in on Pcdunn!! )

I also would like to welcome you to this little dysfunctional family 

Steadmund Brand
                    Last edited by Steadmund Brand; 12-15-2014, 06:14 AM.
                    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Welcome Pcdunn...hope your time here is as productive as mine has been so far...as you'll have gathered, there is a light-hearted side to things as well as solid research/debate...

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        Welcome Pcdunn...hope your time here is as productive as mine has been so far...as you'll have gathered, there is a light-hearted side to things as well as solid research/debate...
                        Thank you for the welcome. I've slogged through 55 pages of the shawl DNA thread, and I see why the escape committe was formed
                        ---------------
                        ---------------

Comment

welcome

Hello PC. Welcome to the boards.

Good luck with your research.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Welcome to the forum, PcDunn. I also have a bit of a fascination with Victorian London. I was born in London (and have lived there all my life) so maybe that's why I'm more interested in hearing about what it was like back then.

You'll find a lot to read on here.
                            This is simply my opinion

Comment

I thought I said not to mention the shawl

Comment

Working...
                              X