This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Feminist" T-Shirt?

I could hardly believe my old eyes when I saw photos of Clegg and Milliband wearing a T-Shirt which proclaimed "This is what a feminist looks like". You too can have one for £45! Forty-five pounds for a piece of nonsense printed on tat I wouldn't wash the car with? For a start, who actually cares what a feminist looks like? Someone's having a laugh here, I'd say, but in reality it's rather disturbing.

Graham
    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

I, for one, welcome our new feminazi overlords.

Comment

Ed's favourite song :

Mary Poppins (1964)Starring: Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, David Tomlinson, Glynis JohnsDirected by Robert Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        I just watched the clip, and now I feel very, very nauseous indeed!

Nice one!

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

The point of the t shirt is to show that real men, and powerful men, are not only unafraid of being labeled feminist, but that they consider themselves feminists. That it is neither shameful nor emasculating for a man to be a feminist.

As for the price of the shirt, it's a charity. Of course it's ridiculously overpriced. It's how the charity makes money.
          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
            The point of the t shirt is to show that real men, and powerful men, are not only unafraid of being labeled feminist, but that they consider themselves feminists. That it is neither shameful nor emasculating for a man to be a feminist.
            Real men? Clegg and Milliband are about as beta as it gets.

Comment

Errata :

The Fawcett Society vows to investigate claims its pro-feminism T-shirt - worn by leading politicians - has been made in sweatshop conditions.

Comment

Actually, does the Fawcett Society actually pass donations on to needy women (charity) or does it spend them on research and campaigning (political pressure group)?

Comment

Just on the radio that these shirts were made in a sweat shop in Asis by women getting paid $1 an hour.

Some support for feminism?
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Just on the radio that these shirts were made in a sweat shop in Asis by women getting paid $1 an hour.

Some support for feminism?
                    Correct, GUT. It kinda makes me think that most of the profit from those £45 t-shirts will be used to fund things so important to feminism as cocktails, taxi-rides, Jimmy Choo shoes, and the continued ability to piss people off with their idiotic middle-class ideas.

To his lasting credit, at least as far as I'm concerned, Dave Cameron told the feminists to take their stupid t-shirts and stuff 'em. Mind, he's probably getting an earful from the lovely Samantha as we speak.....

By the way, GUT, the feminists are claiming that the Asian wimmin who make the t-shirts are being paid more than the £120 a week which they say is the average wage in India. Again, the feminists are having a laugh - if indeed such worthless people do actually have a sense of humour.

Feminism? Nonsensical rubbish! Bah!

G

Comment

I have no idea what the charity is about or anything. I've just seen something similar before, so I know what the point of the shirt is. I neither support nor deride people giving money to whatever this is.Just answering a simple question.

And by "real men" I mean flesh and blood individuals. As opposed to actors in commercials.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I had to look up Jimmy Choo. They're not getting me wearing those.

Comment

But that's what politicians are, Errata - actors in commercials.

Comment

So all it takes to promote gender equality is to wear some tacky t-shirt? What if I wear it and still act like a chauvinistic jerk?

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                              I have no idea what the charity is about or anything. I've just seen something similar before, so I know what the point of the shirt is. I neither support nor deride people giving money to whatever this is.Just answering a simple question.

And by "real men" I mean flesh and blood individuals. As opposed to actors in commercials.
                              And who, pray, are the "real men", and who are the "actors"?

Graham

Comment

Working...
                              X