something good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something good

Something good has come out of all this shawl nonsense the first thing I've rekindled my childhood interest in yoyos I have been using my kids and as a result I'm looking to purchase a modern up to date (non jack the ripper) yoyo and secondly I've rediscovered the joys of jelly beans not managed to find any gourmet ones yet so to summarise something good has come out of shawlgate so far.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

"Gourment" jelly beans are kakk.

Good, classic jelly beans are the way to go, and yes, I've found myself reconnecting with the humble jelly bean lately too.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Child cruelty?

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      ......I've rekindled my childhood interest in yoyos I have been using my kids ......
      Well, I am shocked.....quite apart from the fact that it's an obvious infringement of their human rights as children, even 'Followers Of The Shawl' will know that the string would break under the strain.
      I never thought that I would read such fantastic claims from what I previously believed to be a reliable source - I now even find that I am beginning to doubt the whole Killer Milkman theory.
      ......Unless, of course, you were using something with more tensile strength than ordinary Yo-Yo string.
      Hmmmmm......I'll have to go and Google some scientific papers on the matter!

Comment

Originally posted by ajcol View Post
        Well, I am shocked.....quite apart from the fact that it's an obvious infringement of their human rights as children, even 'Followers Of The Shawl' will know that the string would break under the strain.
        I never thought that I would read such fantastic claims from what I previously believed to be a reliable source - I now even find that I am beginning to doubt the whole Killer Milkman theory.
        ......Unless, of course, you were using something with more tensile strength than ordinary Yo-Yo string.
        Hmmmmm......I'll have to go and Google some scientific papers on the matter!
        Pinky uses the elasastic out of the "Holy Y Fronts" instead of string.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Or should that be holey Y fronts.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Ahhhhh.....Yes....I see it now ....the elastic would slow the child to a controlled stop at the bottom of the trajectory, thereby avoiding the effects of excessive inertial force that would be acting on mere string! Nothing there for Child Rights Campaigners to be concerned about either.
            My apologies, Pinky - I obviously didn't think this through properly.....and also the effects of immersion of the Y-fronts in Victorian era Thames water could well add to it's child yoyoing properties.......but surely whether the Y-fronts had been kept in laboratory conditions or handled by all and sundry in the intervening years would have an effect also??

Comment

Anyway GUT, I know from the Shawlgate thread that although pieces of the shawl/tablecloth/thingy had been cut away and it still sold at auction (well...after auction, apparently), I'm not too sure that Pinky hasn't significantly devalued the Y-fronts by removing the elastic for Yo-Yo-ing purposes, as I'd imagine that he will want to sell them off to the highest bidder at some stage, in order to fund the expensive JellyBean habit.

Comment

I think what Jason needs is a Yo Yo Ma, but his strings are certainly not of the elastic variety...

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                  I think what Jason needs is a Yo Yo Ma, but his strings are certainly not of the elastic variety...
                  G'day Dave

I know that I'm going to regret asking this, but

"What's a Yo Yo Ma"?
                  G U T

Comment

I'm curious as well...Dave are you attending the meeting tomorrow night.
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Philistines!

Even if you're unfamiliar with the genius, google could've been your friend....

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        Philistines!

Even if you're unfamiliar with the genius, google could've been your friend....

Dave
                        I'm not a Filipino

I'm a Dinky Di Aussie.
                        G U T

Comment

Working...
                        X