Beware of Scam Phone Calls from "Microsoft Tech Support"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Scam Phone Calls from "Microsoft Tech Support"

Take advantage of these handy tricks to save time, use fewer system resources, and get more done with the Edge browser.

I got a call from them last night. Apparently, they are aggressively targeting the U.S. and the U.K.

YouTube has a lot of videos of people who were aware of the scam and played along just to frustrate the scammer. Very funny.

c.d.

I got one from the "Anti Hacking Department" tonight. As soon as I heard that I hung up.

Comment

Hello Belinda,

Did the caller have an Indian accent? The scam seems to originate from India.

c.d.

Comment

Indian.I get a lot of calls from the "technical department " too telling me there is something wrong with my internet connection

Comment

A heads up -- it looks like these guys are at it again. I have gotten several calls recently.

c.d.

Comment

scam

There's an email going around about infected pork luncheon meat ignore it it's spam.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Ditto the one about poisoned salmon - a fishing scam.

Comment

A caller i.d. box works wonders. If you see a number with a ridiculously far away area code or an 800 number or anything else that raises a red flag, you can simply not answer. It's a good ward against both scammers and telemarketers/surveyers that are legal but annoying.

Comment

But people keep falling for them.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                    There's an email going around about infected pork luncheon meat ignore it it's spam.
                    Hi Pinkmoon,

Sorry but you are going to have to clarify your statement. When you say the e-mail is "spam" you mean it is a junk e-mail, not a reference and pun type joke regarding infected pork luncheon meat to the food known as 'spam" that was the subject in a Monty Python sketch?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      Ditto the one about poisoned salmon - a fishing scam.
                      Hi Robert,

Now I am beginning to see a pattern emerge here. You mean "fishing" as in poisoned salmon or "phishing" as in trying to wheedle out important information from childlike schools of human guppies?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                        Hi Pinkmoon,

Sorry but you are going to have to clarify your statement. When you say the e-mail is "spam" you mean it is a junk e-mail, not a reference and pun type joke regarding infected pork luncheon meat to the food known as 'spam" that was the subject in a Monty Python sketch?

Jeff
                        He was TRYING to be funny Jeff.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Robert,

Now I am beginning to see a pattern emerge here. You mean "fishing" as in poisoned salmon or "phishing" as in trying to wheedle out important information from childlike schools of human guppies?

Jeff
                          Grrrrrroooooooooooaaaan!!!!!!!!!
                          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            Grrrrrroooooooooooaaaan!!!!!!!!!
                            G'Day GUT,

No doubt the scam artist on his fishing/phishing expeditions will not be satisfied until he brings back many, many scallops of his victims.

Jeff

Comment

G'Day GUT,

No doubt the scam artist on his fishing/phishing expeditions will not be satisfied until he brings back many, many scallops of his victims.

Jeff
                              G'day Jeff

They're getting worse.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X