Recommended Curry House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Curry House

It's Friday and therefore it's Curry Night!

Any recommendations for Resturants around brick lane or nearby, as I shall loitering with intent in the area next week.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Monsoon is the best for me,

Its where they filmed Whitecchapel and quite decent, and the Sheraz, the Old Frying pan as was.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      Monsoon is the best for me,

Its where they filmed Whitecchapel and quite decent, and the Sheraz, the Old Frying pan as was.

Monty
      Hi Monty,

Thanks for that's, much appreciated.

Best

Nick

Comment

Definitely Monsoon. It's been a while, but I've had many wonderful staggers "home" from there...with unintentional leftovers staining the front of my shirt.

Comment

Mmmmmm, just looked at Monsoon's online menu and it looks very nice. How long have they been around? Next time I'm in London, I will have to stop there.

Comment

We've been going to Monsoon a few times a year for the last decade or so and I can't fault it for choice, value, great food, friendly and attentive service.

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I'd heartily recommend the Monsoon as well, especially if you want to stay in Ripper territory. Further south, there's a little gem of an Indian restaurant, the "Empress", at the junction of Leman and Cable Streets. I discovered it a couple of months ago, whilst staying in a nearby Travelodge on a works trip. It was raining, and I didn't fancy the trek north of Commercial Road, so I gave the "Empress" a try. I was glad I did. Really excellent food, friendly manager and great staff.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
              X