DAB radio is a nightmare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAB radio is a nightmare!

Ok, it’s techno-advice time please. My mum listens to Greatest Hits Radio during the day on FM radio on a hi-fi which doesn’t have DAB access. Recently (today in fact) Greatest Hits Radio have started a 1960’s music channel on DAB. This is my mum’s era so she really wanted this station. She has a portable DAB radio in the house so I got the batteries and thought….surely this will be straightforward? I should have known better! I performed the Autoscan function which picked up 40 channels. Did it pick up Greatest Hits Radio 60’s? Of course it didn’t! Why not?

What’s going wrong? Why isn’t this working and why hasn’t the person who invented it been publicly hung, drawn and quartered?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Hi Herlock.
    I’m not sure what the answer is with regards to a DAB radio if it’s not already picking it up, you would have been better off getting a small Google or Alexa smart speaker and just asking it to play that station, works everytime for me.
    I think I paid £29 for my google mini speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Yabs View Post
      Hi Herlock.
      I’m not sure what the answer is with regards to a DAB radio if it’s not already picking it up, you would have been better off getting a small Google or Alexa smart speaker and just asking it to play that station, works everytime for me.
      I think I paid £29 for my google mini speaker.
      Cheers Yabs.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hi Herlock,

Consult the radio's manual if you have one. It's probably available on line if you don't. Try auto scanning again. Good luck.

Gazza
        Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
          Hi Herlock,

Consult the radio's manual if you have one. It's probably available on line if you don't. Try auto scanning again. Good luck.

Gazza
          Cheers Gazza,

I think that my mum’s problem is going to be solved by my younger brother who has a spare smart speaker which he is going to give her which will pick up the station. She’s a bit wary of using the tech though but my brother has told her that it’s simple to use. I dread it when people say that though.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
          X