Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walz also got in a couple of good zingers on Trump and J.D. Vance. He strikes me as someone who is not afraid to put on the gloves and mix it up and somebody who ain't gonna take any ****.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
      I have no doubt Trump has Kamala well covered and should win comfortably.
      Fishy, Maaate, is this post the sort of mentality you could see as President...again? Juvenile name calling and delusional conspiracy theory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dementia1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	839327

His latest conspiracy theory is that, the polls he has been quoting for months are suddenly now rigged.

Cheers, George

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        I watched VP pick Tim Walz speak tonight for the first time. Was not familiar with him at all prior to this. Of course it was just a campaign rally to introduce him and no real mention of policies but my initial impression is that he comes across as down to earth, folksy and likeable.

c.d.
        He's a Nebraskan by birth, lives in Minnesota, husband, dad, pet owner, former military vet, former social studies teacher, former high-school coach, was faculty-adviser to high school Gay-Straight Alliance. Seems a very decent guy. The Midwesterners are all like you said, down to earth, folksy, and likeable. (My father was from South Dakota, so I know!)
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
          ok, Im confident enough now to say that Harris will win. she just has to keep it together and she will be over the line. Trump is flailing and running back to Fox like a baby to his mum. His VP pick is a douche-bag and so are his surrogates.

Cheers.
          Agreed. There's a great groundswell of support for Harris/Walz, fantastic rise in donations and voter registrations.

Trump pays people at his rallies to hold signs in the stands behind him, just as he always did, but they seem bored by his ramblings. Vance's wife actually tried to explain that her wife isn't against infertile women, only those who chose to remain childless. (If he communicates so poorly that a first-generation American of Indian heritage needs to explain his words, Vance is in trouble!)
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

Trump pays people at his rallies to hold signs in the stands behind him, just as he always did, but they seem bored by his ramblings.
            Hi Pc,

I didn't know that. I thought they were hostages.

Cheers, George

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              Vance's wife actually tried to explain that her wife isn't against infertile women, only those who chose to remain childless.
              Oh, that's ok then?!

What an absolute cretin!

Here's hoping the surge for Kamala continues to build.

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Fishy, Maaate, is this post the sort of mentality you could see as President...again? Juvenile name calling and delusional conspiracy theory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dementia1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	839327

His latest conspiracy theory is that, the polls he has been quoting for months are suddenly now rigged.

Cheers, George
                Hi George , Im sure we could go back and fourth all night quoting what he said / what they said commentary, nothing however in my opinion could top the left MSM in the way they protected and lied about Biden for years , you know ''sharp as a tack'' , his in the best shape to lead the country' , yada yada yada right up to the debate then dropped him like a hot scone .

But i digress , I see Trump as a better choice for President George for his policies in regards to immigration ,energy independance the economy, and his foreign policy. I have no or little interest in name calling on both side, only that the next President prevents the U.S from joining the miserabe state of affairs that has befallen the U.K and other European countries in the above areas ive mentioned . Trump i believe can avoid this , Harris i believe will only make it a reality . IMO.
                'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

If you think that Trump has a good policy on "Energy independence", then I suggest you don't understand a thing about "energy independence". What do you think that Trump will actually do with this "Drill baby drill" policy? What is the actual meat on the bones here? I suggest there is no meat on the bones at all because it is nothing but a slogan but i you can see it, can you tell me what it is please?

Cheers.

Comment

I have no interest in your suggestion, or for that matter explaining to you the inner workings of any of Trumps policies. I await the 5th Nov 2024 to see if for the first time in 250 years American will vote in their first Black/ Indian Female President . Time will tell, the odds dont look promising . Cheers.
                    Last edited by FISHY1118; 08-07-2024, 09:43 AM.
                    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

fair enough. Support for Trump is not about policy details, I guess...

Comment

Support for Trumps policies is of course the number 1 reason people vote for him. I just rather not debate them on this forum . Time will tell .
                        Last edited by FISHY1118; 08-07-2024, 12:40 PM.

Comment

fair enough. Support for Trump is not about policy details, I guess...
                          I saw a joke the other day that helps explain it.

George Washington: "I cannot tell a lie."

Donald Trump: "I cannot tell the truth."

MAGA voter: "I cannot tell the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                            I see Trump as a better choice for President George for his policies in regards to immigration ,energy independance the economy, and his foreign policy.
                            Hi Fishy,

I think that if Trump was serious about immigration he could have refrained from squashing the bi-partisan proposal, which he did because it would make Biden look good. However, I am in a minority in seeing Trump's attempts at diplomacy with Putin as a positive in his favour.

With regard to the economy, covid, infrastructure, the wall and the health system that he said would replace Obamacare and be the best health scheme in the history of the world, he talked the talk but fell on his face when he had to walk the walk.

I see him as a braggard, constantly speaking in superlatives - everything is the best or worst in the history of the world. His general knowledge is sub-ignoramus and he is incredibly stupid. He is old and in mental decline, and his potential replacement is Vance.

IMHO, he's toast. But that is just my opinion which won't contribute even one vote in the US election.

Cheers, George

Comment

If you think that Trump has a good policy on "Energy independence", then I suggest you don't understand a thing about "energy independence". What do you think that Trump will actually do with this "Drill baby drill" policy? What is the actual meat on the bones here? I suggest there is no meat on the bones at all because it is nothing but a slogan but i you can see it, can you tell me what it is please?

Cheers.
                              Right, it's like he said he was going to open up the coal mines. It's his way of appealing to the voters who lost their jobs in those industries. Trump knows the value of the 'under-educated' voter. He also told the public he was going to make Mexico pay for the wall.

These are just talking points to inspire the 'under-educated' to stand behind him. It's the kind of 'in-your-face' challenging rhetoric the lower classes respond to.
                              When push-comes-to-shove, and he cannot fulfill any of these promises, he simply blames someone else as a plan 'B', we have seen it over and over again.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
                                With regard to the economy, covid, infrastructure, the wall and the health system that he said would replace Obamacare and be the best health scheme in the history of the world, he talked the talk but fell on his face when he had to walk the walk.

I see him as a braggard, constantly speaking in superlatives - everything is the best or worst in the history of the world. His general knowledge is sub-ignoramus and he is incredibly stupid. He is old and in mental decline, and his potential replacement is Vance.
                                Spot on, in every point. Though is Trump the best candidate the Republican's have to offer?
                                Clearly not, yet it is fear (of mob-rule) that keeps the average Republican senator from electing a better candidate.
                                Fear, is what keeps Trump in the running, and fear is how he will control the nation if he gets back in office.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X