This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Joe Biden Drops Out of 2024 Presidential Race

Biden, after a five-decade career, faced a reckoning over his age and his ability to defeat Trump. He endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris as his party faces a historic effort to replace him.

c.d.

election over already...
    " Still it is an error to argue in front of your data. You find yourself insensibly twisting them round to fit your theories."
    Sherlock Holmes
    ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Duran duren View Post
      election over already...
      elaborate..?

Comment

Republicans Weigh Legal Challenge Against Biden Dropping Out:

c.d.

Comment

Sounds like the Republicans are running scared if they do that.
          "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

I don't know what the law is on this, but I'd think that it's rather unlikely that there are any circumstances under which someone would be legally required to run for president.

Another ploy that several Republicans, including House Speaker Mike Johnson, tried yesterday was to say that if Biden isn't going to run for re-election, then he should resign the presidency immediately. They said that if he isn't fit to run, then he isn't fit to serve, though I don't think Biden ever said he was unfit to run. Besides, it's at least a theoretical possibility that Biden is fit to be president now, but won't still be fit in 2028.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
              I don't know what the law is on this, but I'd think that it's rather unlikely that there are any circumstances under which someone would be legally required to run for president.
              William Tecumseh Sherman's reply when asked if he would run for the Presidency. "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."
              Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

It seems somewhat ironic considering that they have no reservations about their nominated candidate being a convicted criminal. What a strange world we live in. An 81 year old man who has clearly been struggling drops out due to his being unfit for the job and yet still running is an insane 78 year old man who struggles to impersonate a human being. Makes you think “was Richard Nixon really so bad?”
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I find it quite amusing that the Democrats are now using the same argument against Trump citing the fact that he is now, at 78, the oldest presidential nominee in US history and has shown indications of cognitive decline on more than one occasion. The Republicans don't seem to be amused at this turn of events.

c.d.

Comment

Hi c.d.,

There were Youtube videos discussing Trump's cognitive decline long before Biden dropped out of the race.

Comment

I'm starting to think politics is a young man's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
                        Hi c.d.,

There were Youtube videos discussing Trump's cognitive decline long before Biden dropped out of the race.
                        Define "decline". For the last 8 years he failed to make sense in anything he said.

"I am the most humble person you ever met"

and that is barely scratching the surface of a deep, deep, deep barrel....

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post

Define "decline". For the last 8 years he failed to make sense in anything he said.

"I am the most humble person you ever met"

and that is barely scratching the surface of a deep, deep, deep barrel....
                          Yes, the decline started some time ago. His ability to express coherent thoughts had already declined by 2016 from what it had been 20 or 30 years earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                            I find it quite amusing that the Democrats are now using the same argument against Trump citing the fact that he is now, at 78, the oldest presidential nominee in US history and has shown indications of cognitive decline on more than one occasion. The Republicans don't seem to be amused at this turn of events.

c.d.
                            Republican's mostly refuse comment on it out of fear.
                            Trump controls his "Deplorables" to the extent that only a very few dare speak truth to power. Ron DeSantis is a much better candidate for a true Republican party, but its not looking good whoever gets to be President. Not when Trump has been quoted as saying he wants to be America's first Dictator President, in power for life. And, according to the views of the Supreme Court, can be exempt from liability after ordering a criminal act.

Harris is too soft on immigration, she is expected to pursue policies that will flood the continent with migrants, and possibly withdraw from current support of Israel.
                            Such Liberal policies will lead to the downfall of western societies, allowing those who seek to do harm to the west to rise up, enabled by weak politicians.
                            The world is not rainbows and roses, the enemy is at the gates.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Harris is too soft on immigration, she is expected to pursue policies that will flood the continent with migrants, and possibly withdraw from current support of Israel.
                              Hi Jon,

When a bi-partisan solution was reached on immigration, Trump had it crushed it on the basis that it would make his opposition look too good. IMHO Israel is conducting an exercise in genocide and should be isolated by both the US and the civilised world.

Cheers, George
                              The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Working...
                              X