Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by belinda View Post
    I think it's very manly My Uncle had a man bag back in the seventies

Out of curiosity whatever happened to briefcases?
    Briefcases went out when backpacks became ok for professionals to carry.. sometime in the 90's.. but I am guilty of that myself, I do carry a backpack.

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I rather like it. It's a bit like a satchel and I can see how practical it would be and it looks masculine. I don't really know why all men don't carry something like this. I used to hate those 'bum bags' (as we call them in the UK), now they were ridiculous looking things.
      This is simply my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by louisa View Post
        I rather like it. It's a bit like a satchel and I can see how practical it would be and it looks masculine. I don't really know why all men don't carry something like this. I used to hate those 'bum bags' (as we call them in the UK), now they were ridiculous looking things.
        Oh the Fannypack... I am soooooooooooo glad I never owned one

Steadmund Brand--
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Being a long-term bus industry employee I have equally long-term illicitly acquired and used "drivers bags" for my journeys to and from work...These have a shoulder strap (optional) and a grab handle, but otherwise are somewhat like a brief case (albeit in water resistant fabric rather than leather) and have a huge capacity...

The bag has enough room for my sandwiches, at least three or four paperbacks, my working files (usually at least three or four of A4 size), An A4 notebook, A High Viz vest, my trademark graph paper, set square, pencil and eraser, plus (when replenishing) at least four packs of Cuppa Soups...and more besides...

I am totally unashaned of this trait...yet somehow my missus somehow manages just as much in her (only slightly) smaller handbag...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
            Briefcases went out when backpacks became ok for professionals to carry.. sometime in the 90's.. but I am guilty of that myself, I do carry a backpack.

Steadmund Brand
            Backpacks may have become acceptable for professionals to carry and while practical they lack any sort of style. I regularly see men in suits with a backpack and it looks ridiculous. That is why I bought the bag. I wanted to show women that I have some class (even if it is only store bought).

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
              Backpacks may have become acceptable for professionals to carry and while practical they lack any sort of style. I regularly see men in suits with a backpack and it looks ridiculous. That is why I bought the bag. I wanted to show women that I have some class (even if it is only store bought).

c.d.
              Class...My backpack is bright orange.....if that's not classy I don't know what is

Steadmund Brand--

Comment

Working...
              X