Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horrifying Clown haunting Staten Island (New York)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrifying Clown haunting Staten Island (New York)

Maybe the all the bad news for years is just too much for some over here

We at the Observer would advise skipping this story if you plan on sleeping without horrific nightmares ever again.

"This Horrifying Clown Is Haunting Staten Island

By Vinnie Mancuso 3/24 3:16pm

We at the Observer would advise skipping this story if you plan on sleeping without horrific nightmares ever again.

If social media is to be believed, there is a man dressed as a clown wandering around Staten Island at night. Witnesses describe him as bald, wearing a trademark blue and yellow clown suit, holding balloons and OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS PICTURE..."
    Attached Files

This is why I'm glad we have guns here.
    - Ginger

Comment

Which wouldn't have done any good in the Steven King book concerned!

All the best

Dave

Comment

I don't care what anyone says; clowns are scary, and they were scary long before It.

Comment

You're absolutely right Rivkah...I live in a little town where every year the International Clown Convention takes place ... they parade through the town and everybody watching seems to enjoy it...but when you actually watch their acts it's really weird...did you ever read about the Clowns in Terry Pratchett's Disc World novels? Creepy....

Every good wish (Brrrrr!)

Dave

Comment

Clowns rule!
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

looks like it may be a publicity stunt dreamed up by a production company:

Personally, as a Staten Island resident, I haven't seen him yet.

Comment

Clowns be creepy.

FrancoLoco...

Yeah, it's looking to be a publicity stunt. Darn. Weird guy running around in a clown suit in Staten Island was way more interesting.

But if you see this clown please report here with pics

Comment

G'day Beowulf

Saw a clown last night.

At the Circus
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                    Yeah, it's looking to be a publicity stunt. Darn.
                    Well, publicity stunt or not, if someone fills a menacing-looking out-of-place clown full of lead, and I'm on the jury, they'll walk.
                    - Ginger

Comment

It was my favorite book as a child. That probably explains why I am on this site.

Does anyone know where King got the inspiration for It? Did he also inherently find clowns creepy? Or did Gacy play a role?

Relatedly and somewhat morbidly, anyone know if Gacy read It in prison?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                        Well, publicity stunt or not, if someone fills a menacing-looking out-of-place clown full of lead, and I'm on the jury, they'll walk.
                        Ditto.

Comment

Ditto with knobs on.

Or should that be with hooters, whizzing bow ties and hilarious buckets full of tinsel - FFS?

I remember my first trip to the circus when I was three or four - Great Yarmouth it was. The clowns didn't scare me, I was just left bored rigid by the whole sorry business. My brother, on the other hand, said when he was very small that he wished he had been born a clown. He assumed it was a whole different species.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I love clowns. There must be something wrong with me.

Comment

In the immortal words of Jim Morrison-people are strange.

That is one bizzaro dude.

I mean look of the amount of work that went into the costume and makeup-very professional looking.

Comment

Working...
                              X