• Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the weirdest headlines I've ever seen :

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      One of the weirdest headlines I've ever seen :
      http://www.independent.co.uk/
      The weirdest headline I saw was about the Reverend Canaan Banana, former President of Zimbabwe, who was tried for homosexual "offences" in the late 1990s. I can't remember the headline's exact wording, but it was along the lines of "Banana implicated in gay orgy".
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

That's a good one.

I remember a Sun headline about 25 years ago : "Werewolf seized in Southend."

Comment

That piece of flotsam on the Chinese satellite image appears too large to be part of a Boeing 777.
          Below is a rectangle 74ft x 43ft superimposed on the plane.

74ft x 43ft is double the size of the wing, and a piece that big is much larger than the body.
          Last edited by Wickerman; 03-22-2014, 06:59 PM.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            That piece of flotsam on the Chinese satellite image appears too large to be part of a Boeing 777.
            Below is a rectangle 74ft x 43ft superimposed on the plane.

74ft x 43ft is double the size of the wing, and a piece that big is much larger than the body.
            Very true, but if the wing or fuselage skin is ripped open, then the surface area can be greatly increased.

We now have Chinese and Japanese aircraft co-operating and operating from Western Australia. The US already there from day one along with the New Zealanders.

Comment

French Satellite has reportedly observed debris in the area.

An expert has said that ordinary debris would not be in this area, that the current would move it from the area.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The Malaysians have now officially written the plane off.

Comment

Yes, they now accept that the aircraft crashed in the southern Indian Ocean, a couple thousand miles west of Perth, Australia. The confirmation seems to be from a UK Company analysing the flight data pings that were sent. An amazing piece of mathematical deducing.

That along with the debris being sighted in the ocean by satellite and aircraft would show the plane did crash there. Hopefully the families can get some closure now.

Comment

You know, technically...Mal aysians means 'bad Asians'...

Worst headline?

Saw it on National Enquirer in the 60s I think. Seems Sunday Sport has found reason to steal it:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well, that solves that, then.
                      - Ginger

Comment

I suppose it crashed in the Sea of Tranquillity.

Comment

The most important things I have learned from this is that:
                          1. Families requesting privacy will still be hounded by the media.
                          2. There is a lot of trash in the Indian Ocean.
                          3. We have satellites in space where we can visualize this trash.
                          4. The American media can make breaking stories out of trash for weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenda View Post
                            The most important things I have learned from this is that:
                            1. Families requesting privacy will still be hounded by the media.
                            2. There is a lot of trash in the Indian Ocean.
                            There's a lot of trash in all the oceans.
                            And yet, not one of them actually saw the plane on its 6 hour flight across the Indian Ocean.
                            4. The American media can make breaking stories out of trash for weeks!
                            They have been making their own trash, just to confuse the issue...
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

And yet, not one of them actually saw the plane on its 6 hour flight across the Indian Ocean.

AMEN.

Comment

Why there is not GPS tracking in all planes is beyond me. That can't be turned off obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X