Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Expected to Rack Up a $255 Million Dollar St. Patrick's Day Bar Tab

c.d.

I am just glad I live in the UK where we all drink responsibly and where you never see a drunk person on the streets.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

An Irish celebration with lots of booze? Shurely shome mishtake.

Comment

I've just looked up the word Irish in a dictionary and next to it says sober.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

G'day Pinkmoon

But is that listed as an antonym.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

$225 m doesn't seem that high for a Country the size of the USA.

Here the population is under 24m and they expect to sell about $50m.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

There are 300,000,000 people here. Approximately 100,000,000 are too young to drink. Now, not everyone left will go to a bar on the 17th, but a beer costs 2-5 $$ in a bar, and a mixed drink anywhere from 4-12 $$. If only one in 10 people drinks enough to be too drunk to drive, and one in 50 gets sloppy, it still won't take long to get to $255,000,000.

It has more to do with people indulging in drinking expensive liquor in bars, then it does with people over-consuming.

Comment

Working...
              X