The Three Body Problem - Netfix Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Three Body Problem - Netfix Series

Folks, just a quick post to highlight this truly great Sci Fi series on Netflix.

It is based on the excellent novel of the same name by Cixin Liu, and covers Earth's contact with aliens.
    So far so normal, however what the book and series do is to tie it all up with a healthy dose of quantum theory, entanglement, religion, belief systems et al.

The Netflix series is 8 episodes long and is so detailed and thought provoking that I haven't been able to do the usual "binge" thing and watch a few episodes back to back.
    There is simply so much detail in every episode that I personally have only been able to watch one episode a day to avoid the risk of my brain exploding.

Give it a go, you won't regret it.

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    Folks, just a quick post to highlight this truly great Sci Fi series on Netflix.

It is based on the excellent novel of the same name by Cixin Liu, and covers Earth's contact with aliens.
    So far so normal, however what the book and series do is to tie it all up with a healthy dose of quantum theory, entanglement, religion, belief systems et al.

The Netflix series is 8 episodes long and is so detailed and thought provoking that I haven't been able to do the usual "binge" thing and watch a few episodes back to back.
    There is simply so much detail in every episode that I personally have only been able to watch one episode a day to avoid the risk of my brain exploding.

Cheers Barn,

Added to my Watch list.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I have a hobbyist interest in both AI and particle physics, so it was a good watch from my perspective. i have not read the books which are meant to be excellent.

I won't spoil it for others, but it did leave with me some unanswered questions afterwards.

I found some of the characters a bit unengaging - I didn't care if they died or not.

The best character for me was Jack Rooney.

Anyway, a solid 7.5 out of 10.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

We're getting ready to go on a long road trip and we've downloaded this for our first watch. Can't wait. Glad to hear it's worth the watch.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

We're getting ready to go on a long road trip and we've downloaded this for our first watch. Can't wait. Glad to hear it's worth the watch.
          I hope you like it Ally.

It is a bit vague at first, but gradually the mist clears and everything is made clear.
          There is even an episode that is similar in tone to Game of Thrones "Red Wedding" episode.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
          X