Questions About the Book From Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About the Book From Hell

Based on the excellent reviews found on Casebook and Amazon I ordered the book from my library. When I picked it up today to my surprise it was not really a novel but instead a large book of drawings like a comic book. Are there two books, one in traditional format and another consisting of illustrations or is the illustrated book the only format?

c.d.

I could be wrong, but I have only heard of the "graphic novel", which is what they call the type of book you have now.

- Jeff

Comment

Hi c.d./Jeff

I believe that From Hell came out first in individual graphic magazines and then as a graphic novel which is the one that c.d. has. I bought both formats when they first came out and I can’t recall any other formats. I’ll double check later today but I’m fairly certain about this unless my memory is failing me.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

yes a graphic novel, and the the movie of the same name is based on it. of course as true history theyre bunk but as historical fiction they are both mini masterpieces IMHO. The movie is one of my favorites.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Sadly, it just wasn't what I expected so I returned it. Plus, the type was extremely small and hard to read. Live and learn.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
          X