death penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by caz View Post
    I think your point has just been made for you, Errata.

The one about shrieking girls when they see a rat.

Someone needs blood pressure tablets.

Love,

Caz
    X
    To be completely fair to Mac, none of my information comes from Britain. All US studies. You guys do have a different culture and very different social norms. So for all I know in England it is in fact highly distressing to others for someone to break the social contract. I know I once got both barrels to the face as a kid for saying that I had to pee instead of asking for the bathroom when I was in York.

In Japan murder is exceptionally rude and shocking. It's considered shameful to not only be a murderer, but to have been murdered. It's so out of line I'm still a little surprised they have homicide police who are as good as they are.

So being shrill may not mean the same thing in England as it does it the states.

But on the other hand, in a lot of ways it's like getting angry when Cinderella gets the prince and lives happily ever after. It's not like you didn't know that was going to happen. It was not unforeseeable.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• You didn't think quickly enough. All you needed to say was, "No, I mean I have 2p. That's two pence....Now, where's the bathroom, I need to go for a slash."

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
        You didn't think quickly enough. All you needed to say was, "No, I mean I have 2p. That's two pence....Now, where's the bathroom, I need to go for a slash."
        I was 8. I also asked for spaghetti 'os in a Michelin starred restaurant. So not only was I not a quick thinker, I was in fact kind of a barbarian.
        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• "I also asked for spaghetti 'os in a Michelin starred restaurant"

Good for you, if that's what you like. Eating out should be fun.

The only thing about high class food that interests me, is the wines. I'd love to be able to distinguish and name vintage wines, right down to the southern end of the vinyard. But since I am teetotal, that will never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
            I know I once got both barrels to the face as a kid for saying that I had to pee instead of asking for the bathroom when I was in York.
            Asking for the bathroom in the UK could get you the room where the bath is, which is not necessarily where the lavatory is. Peeing in the bath could get you in even more trouble.

Here's an old sexist joke for you: "I say, I say, I say. My wife's a slut. The other day I went to have a slash in the sink and she'd left the washing up in there. A hanging offence."

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
            X