Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Criminologist David Wilson - Y'all's Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    It’s not exactly Dixon Of Dock Green is it? Tough times.
    Is this the same policeman that was shot dead at point blank range?

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

Is this the same policeman that was shot dead at point blank range?
      I forgot about that Martyn.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by cobalt View Post
        I was wrong regarding James Robertson, the Glasgow serving policeman, not lodging an appeal. He did and it was rejected.

This is a rather good account of the case with some good photographs of Robertson. His two children are not pixellated out as is now the case and if they are still alive, must be older than me. I do not dispute the verdict, nor the judgment of the time, but a terrible sadness hangs over the whole case. Catherine McCluskey, the victim had two young children as well. Sometimes life is just awful.

https://youtu.be/mbCPQ6x9ThY

As an aside, I would recommend Steve Fielding's series Tales from the Hangman's Record of which the above is one. Clear and concise presentations with photographs to match of often less known UK capital cases.

Best regards,
        OneRound

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I forgot about that Martyn.
          Sorry, Herlock I was only joshing you.

My mum actually acted with Jack Warner. Well kind of.

As a young girl she lived near Hammersmith Studios and along with other locals would sometimes get work as extras. She appeared in one scene, holding Jack Warner's character's hand, walking along eating an ice cream. She claimed due to the amount of rehearsals of that scene, she grew "sick of ice cream", though I saw little of evidence of that through her life!

One of the many stars of the day she saw included James Mason who apparently arrived at the studios in a Rolls Royce accompanied by about dozen cats!

Talks about pampered stars! And that's just the cats!
          Last edited by mpriestnall; 12-16-2023, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Sorry, Herlock I was only joshing you.

My mum actually acted with Jack Warner. Well kind of.

As a young girl she lived near Hammersmith Studios and along with other locals would sometimes get work as extras. She appeared in one scene, holding Jack Warner's character's hand, walking along eating an ice cream. She claimed due to the amount of rehearsals of that scene, she grew "sick of ice cream", though I saw little of evidence of that through her life!

One of the many stars of the day she saw included James Mason who apparently arrived at the studios in a Rolls Royce accompanied by about dozen cats!

Talks about pampered stars! And that's just the cats!
            I knew that you were joking Martyn. No problem.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Now that's a good look!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Now that's a good look!
                Personally I side with Gary Larson re our furry friends.

Click image for larger version

Name:	farside-comic-gary-larson-dog-leads-cat-to-washer.webp
Views:	118
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	827670

Comment

My mum actually acted with Jack Warner. Well kind of. As a young girl she lived near Hammersmith Studios and along with other locals would sometimes get work as extras.
                  Can someone with access to the relevant records possiby check the rumour that Jack Warner was born/grew up as a neignbour of Charles Lechmere in Rounton Road...? I've seen this mentioned here and there, but I don't know if it's true...

Thanks.

Mark D.

Comment

To get back to David Wilson, I've been seeing him on "Fred Dineage's Murder Casebook" as they look at famous murderers of the U.K's past. Wilson is an affable gentleman, but his stunt of lining up everyday people and asking poor Fred to pick out who has criminal past, is really just edging on the showmanship side.
                    Fred failed on the old brain-teaser about why a surgeon, faced with the prospect of operating on a injured boy accompanied by his father, objects, saying "I can't, this is my son!" HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? The surgeon is his mother, Fred! I shouted this several times, but Fred still blundered.

I think Wilson may be in his element in historic murders, but do they really have him testify in current court trials?
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

20+ minutes podcast of David Wilson on Jack the Ripper (and not a single mention of Jack Warner)

Comment

Even Wilson knows that Jack Warner wasn’t Jack the Ripper

Then again, he was called Jack…it’s a start.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

Can someone with access to the relevant records possiby check the rumour that Jack Warner was born/grew up as a neignbour of Charles Lechmere in Rounton Road...? I've seen this mentioned here and there, but I don't know if it's true...

Thanks.

Mark D.
                          Typed in google "Jack Warner AND Rounton Road"

Jack Warner - Film Star and Racing Driver - posted in TNFs Archive: Interesting radio programme about the life of Jack Warner best remembered as Dixon of Dock Green or in the series of Meet the Huggets films and radio and TV series plus scores of wartime and post war films like The Blue Lamp He died in 1981 well in his eighties. His real name was Jack Waters brother of Elsie and Doris , radio and film stars before him. What I didnt know was that he was a great car and racing enthusias...

Seems Horace John Waters (aka Jack Warner) was born in 1895 per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Warner_(actor)

Not sure if this helps any?

Comment

Not sure if this helps any?
                            Most interesting! Thanks for that!

Mark D.

Comment

Working...
                            X