Ssniperwolf Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssniperwolf Situation

Has anyone else been following the Sssniperwolf situation? She’s a huge YouTube creator who showed up at the house of another creator who calls her out for stealing other people’s content. She doxxed him on her social media. It’s wild. Swoop just dropped a deep dive on it.

Sorry only understood about half of that.

Comment

Do we really care?
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Do we really care?
        As opposed to deeply caring about a 100+ year old murder mystery as being vitally relevant to anyone's life or existence?

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Seeing as she broke a few state laws escalating her petty rivalry and YouTube props her up as a top creator even though she’s stolen loads of content from smaller creators without crediting them, I thought it would interest some people. Sometimes stories like this are good reminders of how to do the right thing as researchers and creators.

Comment

Originally posted by Linotte View Post
            Seeing as she broke a few state laws escalating her petty rivalry and YouTube props her up as a top creator even though she’s stolen loads of content from smaller creators without crediting them, I thought it would interest some people. Sometimes stories like this are good reminders of how to do the right thing as researchers and creators.
            The problem here is that the average researcher on this board are old geezers who haven't heard of You Tube much less the players involved or the ethics. Plagiarism is something they only understand in terms of "I took his writing and put it in my book". They haven't made the broader leap to content thievery in terms of videos and commentary.

The ethical situation is more how You Tube responded as opposed to the acts of Ssniper wolf. Like, Jack clutching his pearls is .. interesting to me. He chooses to live his life online and then clutches his pearls at being doxxed. When you make yourself a public figure, and then want to claim privacy, you're going to probably not get broad support at someone doxxing you. You chose to live in the public eye and make your life public. That was his choice. The only interesting aspect of this is that it was a top YouTuber who chose to doxx him, when you know she'd lose her **** if a crowd of enraged Jack supporters showed up at HER house. Although she's so tragic, she'd probably consider it proof of her popularity.

I am ambivalent about the two players. I get doxxing is an assbite, but then also .. Jacky boy, you chose this life. I'm more interested in the lack of ethics shown by the platform than the individual people.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

I follow some YouTubers, but haven't heard of these people. Sounds like an interesting kerffule. Might get mainstream publicity or academic inquiry by social scientists. Agree that public types should be cautious about demanding privacy.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                I follow some YouTubers, but haven't heard of these people. Sounds like an interesting kerffule. Might get mainstream publicity or academic inquiry by social scientists. Agree that public types should be cautious about demanding privacy.
                The basic premise is this: Super hot girl makes EXTREME Bank putting out low effort reaction videos that are basically just her stealing other people's content, and "reacting" to it. With insipid formulaic commentary that is probably not even her reacting to the actual videos but with canned "response" that can be inserted into literally any video. "Wow, that's extra" "Oh no, that's wrong".. She's boring, but she's hot, so horny guys and gals will watch her make insipid comments for the breasts of it all.

Jack, who is an entitled white guy who can't make nearly the same amount of money because he lacks the TandA is unprivileged and discriminated against by his lack of internet cache (internet cache =boobs, though he could buy his from the same place SSsniperwolf bought hers if he was that butthurt about it), decides to go on a harassment campaign against this one girl, as if she's the sole and only person doing it. For almost a year, he makes an entire channel devoted to relentlessly mocking HER and only her, though again, she's not the only one doing such content, she's just the most successful at it.

She gets fed up, and goes to have a very immature, "call out" AT HIS HOUSE and shows video of it to her entire legion and fan base (fans who have notably been little internet savages and attacked creators in the past who called her out).

Chaos ensues. As far as I am concerned, everyone involved in this has the mentality of a 12-year-old and needs to be sent to their rooms til they learn how to adult.

From a perspective of "adults with the psychological and mental acuity of perpetual children" are interesting studies in how fame makes you stupid, the story is mildly amusing, however the main players are all so insipid, mentally defective and boring, it's a chore to become invested, so I'd recommend not. I also don't agree with the take that Jack's harassment videos of her were "for a point". If he was trying to make a point about content thievery, he should have called out EVERYONE who was doing this and making bank, not just this one girl. They're all just butthurt little drama queens trying to cash in on other people, in one way or another.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

The basic premise is this: Super hot girl makes EXTREME Bank putting out low effort reaction videos that are basically just her stealing other people's content, and "reacting" to it. With insipid formulaic commentary that is probably not even her reacting to the actual videos but with canned "response" that can be inserted into literally any video. "Wow, that's extra" "Oh no, that's wrong".. She's boring, but she's hot, so horny guys and gals will watch her make insipid comments for the breasts of it all.

Jack, who is an entitled white guy who can't make nearly the same amount of money because he lacks the TandA is unprivileged and discriminated against by his lack of internet cache (internet cache =boobs, though he could buy his from the same place SSsniperwolf bought hers if he was that butthurt about it), decides to go on a harassment campaign against this one girl, as if she's the sole and only person doing it. For almost a year, he makes an entire channel devoted to relentlessly mocking HER and only her, though again, she's not the only one doing such content, she's just the most successful at it.

She gets fed up, and goes to have a very immature, "call out" AT HIS HOUSE and shows video of it to her entire legion and fan base (fans who have notably been little internet savages and attacked creators in the past who called her out).

Chaos ensues. As far as I am concerned, everyone involved in this has the mentality of a 12-year-old and needs to be sent to their rooms til they learn how to adult.

From a perspective of "adults with the psychological and mental acuity of perpetual children" are interesting studies in how fame makes you stupid, the story is mildly amusing, however the main players are all so insipid, mentally defective and boring, it's a chore to become invested, so I'd recommend not. I also don't agree with the take that Jack's harassment videos of her were "for a point". If he was trying to make a point about content thievery, he should have called out EVERYONE who was doing this and making bank, not just this one girl. They're all just butthurt little drama queens trying to cash in on other people, in one way or another.
                  yup more troglodyte offspring of the whole reality tv/internet stars bs. one of the worst collateral damage of all this is that the many of the traditional documentary channels have gone the same route. sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

yup more troglodyte offspring of the whole reality tv/internet stars bs. one of the worst collateral damage of all this is that the many of the traditional documentary channels have gone the same route. sad.
                    They wouldn't do it, if people didn't watch it. There's lots of intelligent media to be found on all platforms, but the facts are people would rather be entertained than informed. You can turn your nose up at it, but people drive content, in terms of network TV.

Traditional media hasn't found a way to bridge those two concepts. Platforms like Youtube have succeeded in this arena where traditional media has failed because regular people, who just have an interest in X-subject can create their own content. It's there, but you have to weed through it. I watch very interesting YouTube creators on historical dress, historical cooking, psychology, law, and all kinds of subjects. If you're looking for intelligent commentary, YouTube is currently a better place to find it that the History Channel.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

They wouldn't do it, if people didn't watch it. There's lots of intelligent media to be found on all platforms, but the facts are people would rather be entertained than informed. You can turn your nose up at it, but people drive content, in terms of network TV.

Traditional media hasn't found a way to bridge those two concepts. Platforms like Youtube have succeeded in this arena where traditional media has failed because regular people, who just have an interest in X-subject can create their own content. It's there, but you have to weed through it. I watch very interesting YouTube creators on historical dress, historical cooking, psychology, law, and all kinds of subjects. If you're looking for intelligent commentary, YouTube is currently a better place to find it that the History Channel.
                      Thanks for the Tip! i didnt know that. I watch YouTube mainly for the music, but will delve a little deaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Thanks for the Tip! i didnt know that. I watch YouTube mainly for the music, but will delve a little deaper.
                        You might like Bailey Sarian. She does true crime and dark history along with makeup looks.

Comment

Working...
                        X