Amounts of Beer and Snacks Consumed on Super Bowl Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amounts of Beer and Snacks Consumed on Super Bowl Sunday

Folks in the USA watching the Super Bowl this Sunday are expected to consume:

Beer - 50 million cases

Potato Chips - $184 million worth

Chicken Wings - 1.23 billion wings

Tortilla Chips - 8.2 million pounds

Avocados (used in dips) - 79 million pounds

Pizza - 11 million slices

Bon Appetit!!!!!!!!! and enjoy the game.

c.d.

Cd, is that just TV viewers or does it include stuff sold at the stadium?

I have a theory that the reason the games stop and start all the time, is to give vendors a chance to sell food.

Comment

Hello Robert,

Don't know the answer to your question but I am guessing just TV viewers. I know that I am planning on contributing to the beer totals.

c.d.

Comment

All a bit complicated all these fancy snacks I prefer a load of cheap cider a bag of cheese and onion and an argument with the wife at half time....roll on the world cup.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

G'Day cd

Gee the Super Bowl must really be super to hold all that.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
            Don't know the answer to your question but I am guessing just TV viewers. I know that I am planning on contributing to the beer totals.
            Me too...
            Although I don't need the game for an excuse. The day after Groundhog Day works for me.

And that damned rodent saw his shadow. Wish he'd get cataracts or something. It ain't supposed to be in the single digits Fahrenheit down here in Dixie.

Probably will watch at least some of the game since Peyton Manning is a Tennessee alumni and future hall of famer.
            Best Wishes,
            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
              Folks in the USA watching the Super Bowl this Sunday are expected to consume:

Beer - 50 million cases

Potato Chips - $184 million worth

Chicken Wings - 1.23 billion wings

Tortilla Chips - 8.2 million pounds

Avocados (used in dips) - 79 million pounds

Pizza - 11 million slices

Bon Appetit!!!!!!!!! and enjoy the game.

c.d.
              You wouldn't wanna be a chicken around this time.

1.23 billion?! are there that many chickens on the planet? Do they get them shipped in from all four corners of the globe?

Have the animal rights activists had something to say about this? In this country, run over a rabbit by accident and there's uproar with people trying to ban cars, humans and all sorts. I grew up in a village so I grew up with hunting - legal and illegal - but the town and city folk don't take kindly to this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
                Have the animal rights activists had something to say about this? In this country, run over a rabbit by accident and there's uproar with people trying to ban cars, humans and all sorts. I grew up in a village so I grew up with hunting - legal and illegal - but the town and city folk don't take kindly to this sort of thing.
                I grew up in the country too, and to be fair I did notice the difference between the sort of people in our village who hunted and those who were concerned with preservation. It`s not just townies who don`t take kindly to this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                  I grew up in the country too, and to be fair I did notice the difference between the sort of people in our village who hunted and those who were concerned with preservation. It`s not just townies who don`t take kindly to this sort of thing.
                  Personally haven't hunted anything, Jon, too soft hearted for that kind of thing. I wouldn't want to swat a fly let alone hunt larger animals. But, it is usually town and city folk who get on their high horses over the issue. Most country folk understand that's it part of life in the country.

Where I grew up in the North East it's an area which is very popular with horse racing, greyhound racing, pigeon racing and hunting animals in some description whether lurching, fox hunting or catching rabbits to put in a pie.

Just the way it's always been round those parts and in truth no one really had a problem with it. Going back to the '50s, everyone had pigeons, chickens and banties and grew their own vegetables. And many still do now. I still remember my Granddad chasing a massive banty that refused to accept its fate round the garden with an axe. To people like my Granddad it was a part of life.

Personally, I think we've lost our way a little bit as the politically correct hold court over people's simple lives, which is a bit too in your face for my liking.

Comment

Personally haven't hunted anything, Jon, too soft hearted for that kind of thing. I wouldn't want to swat a fly let alone hunt larger animals.
                    Phew. Good to hear you`re a civilised man, FM. I always thought you were.

I have very strong views on hunting for sport, but although the chickens in question were probably very young, and in lived their short lives in cramped condtions, we still gotta eat....

But anyway, don`t know much about American Footy, did anyone get their t#ts out at half time again ?
                    Last edited by Jon Guy; 02-03-2014, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Phew. Good to hear you`re a civilised man, FM. I always thought you were.

I have very strong views on hunting for sport, but although the chickens in question were probably very young, and in lived their short lives in cramped condtions, we still gotta eat....

But anyway, don`t know much about American Footy, did anyone get their t#ts out at half time again ?
                      Jon, going back to the mid-late '80s there were always a couple of lasses used to get their tits out in the Clockstand Paddocks at Sunderland. They used to always be there at away matches doing the same thing. Canny for young bairns who couldn't get much closer to them due to age and out and out uselessness with women.

Comment

Jon, going back to the mid-late '80s there were always a couple of lasses used to get their tits out in the Clockstand Paddocks at Sunderland. They used to always be there at away matches doing the same thing. Canny for young bairns who couldn't get much closer to them due to age and out and out uselessness with women.
                        Yes, there`s another reason for footy been better in the 80`s !!!
                        In fact, it`s probably the only thing that would get me back though the turnstiles.

Just of interest.. young ladies, were they ?

Comment

Yes, there`s another reason for footy been better in the 80`s !!!
                          In fact, it`s probably the only thing that would get me back though the turnstiles.

Just of interest.. young ladies, were they ?
                          Probably late teens, early twenties.

Was much better entertainment than the football being served up at that time.

I still go now, regular, but yearn for the old days of cold pies, blokes pi**ing in your pocket out of some misguided attempt at humour, players hoofing the ball about and just clattering into each other, big away followings, the smell of stale beer drifting down from the terraces.....

Comment

[QUOTE=Fleetwood Mac;286721]You wouldn't wanna be a chicken around this time.

1.23 billion?! are there that many chickens on the planet? Do they get them shipped in from all four corners of the globe?

The sad thing is, that number doesnt sound so far fetched to me at all... Fact is that sounds like a normal weekend here in Buffalo (home of the Chicken Wing.. .I hate when people say we "invented" the wing...I think the chicken might have something to say about that)...but seriously, the chicken wing is I believe 3 of the 4 major food groups here in Buffalo.

And lets be fair.. when they are made right (which means in Buffalo... as every other place on the planet messes them up.. unless someone from Buffalo is making them!) they are fantastic.. and made from real chicken... unlike most "chicken" fast food places around the world....

now I want some wings......good thing I can get them anywhere at anytime in this city haha
                            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
                            X