Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell

Hi All

I am posting this final thread as it is my intention to withdraw from Ripper forums but before I do I will leave you with this one question and some appropriate answers as i see it.

What has propped this mystery up for 125 years four pillars

1. The killer known as JTR singularly killed all of the Whitechapel women.
    that is clearly wrong

2. The name Jack the Ripper. If it accepted that the letter was not written
    by JTR and that he was nothing more than an urban myth created by an
    over zealous newspaper man then that takes the name JTR out of the
    mystery

3. The killer after murdering Chapman and Eddowes removed the organs at
    the crime scene. There is clear evidence to show this didn't happen.

4. A handful of names have been banded about over the years as being
    prime suspects. Clearly this is wrong as i have previously stated those
    mainstream names are really to be regarded not as prime suspects but
    simply persons of interest

Take all of the above away from this mystery and what is left nothing more than a serious of similar unsolved murders with no real prime suspects and had it not been for the above pillars those murders would have drifted into obscurity years ago and the myth that is jtr would have died.

No wonder so many on here want to keep it alive and not accept new theories etc just imagine the repercussions if the myth were to be shattered.

Ripperology would die not that it isn't already dying on the outside world and I can tell you that from first hand experiences and information I have gathered over the past 12 months. The general public who have followed this mystery have over the years been misled by the press,televison and authors who have been responsible for distorting the facts little as they are surrounding this case in what they write and what they produce in programme form.

Very few know anything about the MM
    Very few know anything about the apron piece
    Very few know if she was wearing an apron the night she was murdered
    Very few know anything about the viability of the so called band of prime suspects other than what they have read in books or seen on the TV.

What is Ripperolgy about here and on other forums nothing more than a handful of researchers who sit on a daily basis some all day long, holding court going over and over the same topics and discussing the same issues and re posting arguments over and over again to assert their viewpoints over someone who dares to go against their thinking.

Granted there are one or two newbies who join but they don't seem to stay long and

As to me my time in Ripperology is almost at an end. Other valued contributors have already left for good I have to ask why ? Maybe as a result of the actions of the cartel, and oh yes there is a cartel but they hide under the banner of "friends" They constantly pat each other on the back when one of them posts some obscure document which has no relevance to the murders or the mystery.

I do not intend to post further on here I have new projects to pursue. If anyone wishes to contact me then they should use my e mail address

So my friends may I wish you all a happy new year for 2014 some of you have been a challenge but thankfully you haven't won.

E J Thribb writes

So. Farewell
    Then
    Trevor Marriott.

Apostle of
    Ripperology to
    Institute Legion and
    Social Club.

You will be greatly
    Missed
    By me as well as by others
    Because there's far too little Humour in
    The Field.

Even if Yours was
    Mostly
    Unintentional.

Comment

I don't think we've had an organ removal thread (a debate on whether organs were removed at the murder scene or at the morgue) in my time here. Somebody should start that.

Comment

Hi,
        I may go against the grain, but I actually agree with some points that Trevor has left us enthusiasts with.
        It is true that a lot of true crime attitudes stem from misinformation from the press , television , and authors, and myself included have been taught bad habits over the years from precisely that..
        Theories that include Barnett, Gull, Duke of Clarence , and in later years the witness Hutchinson have all given the speculators among us different theories which tend to hog Casebook from time to time, and that is only a sample of non starters, that are repeated.
        But having said all that.
        There are still many long time enthusiasts on Casebook, that have stood the test of time, many of us members since before the start of this century, and I am proud to be one of those.
        I hope my time in Ripperology never comes to a end, I am one that likes to stay the course, and not bow out when it suits my style.
        But I would sincerely wish Trevor, the very best for all his future plans, and he has my utmost respect.
        Regards Richard.

Comment

-Clear evidence of no organ removal in the case of Chapman and Eddowes?
          -Eddowes not wearing an apron on the night of her death?

...Jeeeeeezus Christo, all the evidence we have from those individuals who were there at the time contradict your wild speculations.

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
          "...some of you have been a challenge but thankfully you haven't won."
          Won? It's really not a competition Trev.

Adios...

Comment

1. The killer known as JTR singularly killed all of the Whitechapel women.
            that is clearly wrong
            Clearly you're wrong, Trevor, in the sense it's very much open to debate.

2. The name Jack the Ripper. If it accepted that the letter was not written
            by JTR and that he was nothing more than an urban myth created by an
            over zealous newspaper man then that takes the name JTR out of the
            mystery
            You're monumentally wrong with this one. I doubt there is a person on this planet who believes there was, in fact, a man named Jack The Ripper. Take the pseudonym 'out of the mystery' and you still have Jack The Ripper, because clearly 'Jack The Ripper' is a shroud rather than the literal.

thankfully you haven't won.
            When employing your points one and two as a measure, Trevor, you're not competing let alone winning.

Comment

I'm not really sure I understand the impulse of announcing one's exit. I mean, it's terribly theatrical, but I was under the impression that most people try to avoid being considered theatrical. So since I don't understand it, I might as well ask. Why do this? Why not just never come back? Why make a thing about it? Is it because people think that their announcement will suddenly correct all the wrongs they think are wrong and that the community will tailor themselves to fit one person's needs in order not to lose them? And if so, has that ever worked?
              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Comment

Well, sink me for this but it's true you did put forth some refreshing efforts to find a new approach, to consider what might be.

Not the same old tired arguments, yes, you are right there.

It's the sort of effort to be appreciated, for otherwise what investigating is there?

If we knock everyone who dares to consider a new approach then we become blind.

Thank you Trevor Marriott

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post

Comment

Damnit -- he never even responded to the criticisms of him in my book!
                      Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Goodbye Trevor Marrriott,
                        May you never grow in our hearts,
                        You were a terrible plagiarist
                        When your pages were torn apart.
                        You called out to Ripperology,
                        And you whispered words of pain.
                        Now you've run away,
                        And the boards spell out rejoice.

And it seems to me you lived on the boards,
                        Like a candle in the wind,
                        Never fading like a rat, when the truth set in.
                        And your untruths will always be here,
                        Upon Ripperology's greatest boards,
                        Your candle burnt out long before,
                        Your legend ever will.

Ridiculousness we've lost,
                        These forthcoming days without your BS,
                        This memory we'll always carry,
                        For our nation's sanity.
                        Even though we try,
                        Your lunacy brings us to tears,
                        All our words cannot express,
                        The total BS you gave us through the years.

And it seems to me you lived on the boards,
                        Like a candle in the wind,
                        Never fading like a rat, when the truth set in.
                        And your untruths will always be here,
                        Upon Ripperology's greatest boards,
                        Your candle burnt out long before,
                        Your legend ever will.
                        “be just and fear not”

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                          I'm not really sure I understand the impulse of announcing one's exit. I mean, it's terribly theatrical, .....
                          Often it is a cry for attention, a good number of posters who announce their exit usually return at some point.

All together now...

“Farewell”, says he, his pride is hurt, our patience wearing thin.
                          “Farewell”, says he, one more time....Christ, here we go again!
                          “Farewell”, he thinks will make us sad and beg him “Please do stay”.
                          One last “Farewell” is what we need, sod off and go away!
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            “Farewell”, he thinks will make us sad and beg him “Please do stay”.
                            [/I]
                            Please do stay, Trevor!
                            Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X