Islamists Threaten British Shop Owners with 40 Lashes for Selling Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamists Threaten British Shop Owners with 40 Lashes for Selling Alcohol

"Whitechapel is on the outskirts of London, but it is an area where Muslims enforce Sharia law without any interference from British officials. On Saturday, they took it a step further and told shop owners in the area they will face 40 lashes if they continue to sell alcohol."

rest of article here:

Whitechapel is on the outskirts of London, but it is an area where Muslims enforce Sharia law without any interference from British officials. On |

I'm just reprinting this, since it IS Whitechapel, haven't any idea how accurate.

Fleetwood Mac

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
    "Whitechapel is on the outskirts of London, but it is an area where Muslims enforce Sharia law without any interference from British officials. On Saturday, they took it a step further and told shop owners in the area they will face 40 lashes if they continue to sell alcohol."

rest of article here:

Whitechapel is on the outskirts of London, but it is an area where Muslims enforce Sharia law without any interference from British officials. On |

I'm just reprinting this, since it IS Whitechapel, haven't any idea how accurate.
    The argument goes that Sharia law operates within the boundaries of English law. But, since when did we lash people for having a beer?!

I'm sick to the back teeth of these idiots, and there are many like me, but we have the left-wing cultural relativists who excuse this sort of behaviour.

Time they went home to whatever shithole whence they came. They still walk around with heads on sticks over there and haven't quite mastered fire so why on earth are we tolerating these idiots.

They wouldn't tolerate it in the US or Australia but we have the post imperial malaise where the left-wing lunatics spread the word that we can't be seen to promote the English way of doing things. It beggars belief really.

Comment

I'd hate to see England taken over by these guys.

Comment

If you want sharia law then I suggest the easiest thing to do is move to a country that practices it.I personally think sharia law is like jumping back hundreds of years in time and to even suggest the use of physical violence as a method of punishment is offensive.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

A couple of years ago I read that the most common baby name in the UK now is Mohammad. Silly Brits. All those centuries of history slowly being stripped away and handed over to the enemy.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
            A couple of years ago I read that the most common baby name in the UK now is Mohammad. Silly Brits. All those centuries of history slowly being stripped away and handed over to the enemy.
            Do Americans now regard Muslims as "the enemy"? Oh dear.

Comment

Americans who regularly go to the Breitbart website do. It is a hater's paradise. Just read the comments on the website regarding the story and anything else they do not agree with.

And no, I do not endorse in any way what these people are doing to enforce Sharia law.

P.S. One thing that is not being mentioned is that the article states that these actions are being directed towards Muslim shopkeepers. Again, before anyone rips me a new one, I am not supporting their actions.

c.d.

Comment

Outside of sharia law there is a certain culture of the community enforcing cultural obligations. Neither the British nor Americans do that they way these men do, though we have had it in our histories. Puritans were legendary. There are aspects of Modern Islam, and in a bunch of other cultures (India, Japan, central Africa) where that is just a part of a persons job. People agree to live in a certain way, and when they don't live that way, the community is obligated to put them back on the right path. And it is different than Sharia law. Because firstly it isn't only Muslims who do it. Christians do it quite a bit too, but they tend not to favor direct confrontation. They will just kick out every support a person has. Also super common amongst cults, most Kibbutzes run on that system. The UN does it... all the damn time.

A faithful Muslim who prays appropriately, is a member of the religious community, etc. in theory lives within the Muslim code of behavior. Not handling alcohol being part of that. And it is a part of that. Someone who breaks that rule, or breaks dietary rules, or dress rules is violating the agreement. And then there are three options. They can comply, they can withdraw from the community, or they can accept punishment. Whether that be physical or just a bunch of guys picketing your store so you lose business, whatever. Every culture has a version of this. In American and British culture it is almost completely wrapped up in sexual identity. Women whose skirts are too short are punished. Women whose skirts are too long are punished. Men who do not behave within a very strict definition of masculinity are punished. So we all do it. The question then becomes when is it appropriate and when is it not?

And I can't answer that, but I can say that London is too damn big to have it's own culture. It has about five. It's the 8th largest population of Frenchmen on the planet. Which is kind of impressive. Lots of American cities are too big as well. And it's a problem for a lot of reasons. But this particular example doesn't have to do with Sharia law. Even if for some reason they think it does. It's a community policing it's own. They can have their culture and be British. Frankly once you guys started gathering an empire you lost your rights to define what is British and what is foreign. If they do something illegal, by all means arrest them. But they do get to judge their own by whatever standards they choose. We do it, they get to do it. And it may sound strange, but it makes more sense to me to judge someone for not being religious enough than to judge someone for not being feminine enough. At least religion has written rules that you can look up before you violate them. Gender definitions are different for every person you talk to, so no matter what you do you are simply screwed.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post

rest of article here:

It is completely inaccurate to state that this behaviour receives no interference from British officials. Only last week, three men were jailed for harassing people in the street for 'unIslamic behaviour' such as a courting couple holding hands in public and men drinking beer in the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
                    The argument goes that Sharia law operates within the boundaries of English law. But, since when did we lash people for having a beer?!

I'm sick to the back teeth of these idiots, and there are many like me, but we have the left-wing cultural relativists who excuse this sort of behaviour.

Time they went home to whatever shithole whence they came. They still walk around with heads on sticks over there and haven't quite mastered fire so why on earth are we tolerating these idiots.

They wouldn't tolerate it in the US or Australia but we have the post imperial malaise where the left-wing lunatics spread the word that we can't be seen to promote the English way of doing things. It beggars belief really.
                    Calm down dear. Most of these idiots trying to impose Sharia law are home-grown Muslim converts, born and raised in this country and they cannot therefore 'go home' except if you mean to Walthamstow where one of them was raised.

This behaviour is nothing to do with left-wing influence. The Equality Law, fought for by the previous government and adopted (with some moderations) by the current government stipulates that ALL religions, faiths and belief systems are protected and that harassment of this type is unacceptable. No self-respecting leftie would support or tolerate this nonsense.

Comment

Well this is the same country that fires, harasses and threatens people who refuse to wear a flower. So you know, monkey see, monkey do.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Think this pretty much sums it up ..
                        Smiling Assassin ,Original song by Chris Bolister recorded in Islington , London , England , 2004 .

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                          Well this is the same country that fires, harasses and threatens people who refuse to wear a flower. So you know, monkey see, monkey do.
                          Which country did this, Ally?

Comment

England.

And yes let's have a semantic debate that it's not the actual country doing it, just some of its citizens.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                              England.

And yes let's have a semantic debate that it's not the actual country doing it, just some of its citizens.
                              Doing what? You've lost me, and if the truth is known there's a fair chance you've lost yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X