Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats to England womens football team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to England womens football team!

woke up at 5:00 am to watch them beat a gritty aussie team (on their home turf no less) 3-1 and advance to final against spain. Congrats! IMHO theyre the best team in the world right now and will beat spain for their first world cup! Go Lionesses!!

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    woke up at 5:00 am to watch them beat a gritty aussie team (on their home turf no less) 3-1 and advance to final against spain. Congrats! IMHO theyre the best team in the world right now and will beat spain for their first world cup! Go Lionesses!!
    Gee the Aussie girls did well to get that far
    Last edited by GUT; 08-16-2023, 11:24 PM.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Gee the Aussi3 girls did well to get that far
      tje Matildas are a good scrappy team gut. the future is bright!

Comment

tje Matildas are a good scrappy team gut. the future is bright!
        And Soccer is probably at best 3rd (maybe 4th) most played football code down here, either men or women.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

And Soccer is probably at best 3rd (maybe 4th) most played football code down here, either men or women.
          Having said that GUT, the Aussies hate losing to England at any sport, men or women. 'Anyone But England', I believe.

Comment

The England lasses have done very well considering they're missing two or three of their better players.

Well done lasses, one more push and 'will be the reigning European and World champions at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post

Having said that GUT, the Aussies hate losing to England at any sport, men or women. 'Anyone But England', I believe.
              Naaa Aussies just hate losing, to the Poms the Yanks, The Kiwis, anyone.
              G U T

Comment

Naaa Aussies just hate losing, to the Poms the Yanks, The Kiwis, anyone.
                Ha!

Aye, of course you do, but it hurts that bit more when it's England!

To be fair, Australia isn't a football rival of ours. Scotland is our football rival. I'm not a rugby fan but I'm guessing Wales is the main rival for English rugby fans.

Cricket, that's different.

Comment

Ha!

Aye, of course you do, but it hurts that bit more when it's England!

To be fair, Australia isn't a football rival of ours. Scotland is our football rival. I'm not a rugby fan but I'm guessing Wales is the main rival for English rugby fans.

Cricket, that's different.
                  im sure it hurts you even more when we beat you guys... again. hehe

Comment

im sure it hurts you even more when we beat you guys... again. hehe
                    Aren't you American?

The truth is, Abby, we don't have any rivalry with the United States, including sports.

Our sporting rivals are Scotland, Australia and Wales, depending on the sport. Maybe France (rugby).

With the United States, we generally don't play and watch the same sports so there's no basis for a rivalry, same with the like of Canada.

When it comes to Australia, we've been fiercely contesting cricket for the best part of 150 years. And, whatever GUT tells you, they hate losing to us more than anything. GUT is downplaying it because they've just lost to us.

Comment

Aren't you American?

The truth is, Abby, we don't have any rivalry with the United States, including sports.

Our sporting rivals are Scotland, Australia and Wales, depending on the sport. Maybe France (rugby).

With the United States, we generally don't play and watch the same sports so there's no basis for a rivalry, same with the like of Canada.

When it comes to Australia, we've been fiercely contesting cricket for the best part of 150 years. And, whatever GUT tells you, they hate losing to us more than anything. GUT is downplaying it because they've just lost to us.
                      i am a yank. yes i know.. we dont play each other on the international stage enough for their to be a rivalry. it was a joke. but other than us, i root for england to win being my national/ cultural heritage and norway being my ethnic heritage.

Comment

i am a yank. yes i know.. we dont play each other on the international stage enough for their to be a rivalry. it was a joke. but other than us, i root for england to win being my national/ cultural heritage and norway being my ethnic heritage.
                        Well, there aren't many who like to see the English win, Abby! It's not a popular way of thinking among those who play the same sports as we do.

When it comes to football, they usually get their way, except our lasses are bucking the trend.

Comment

Working...
                        X