Science Confirms That Men Are, In Fact, Idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi CD

This is an interesting one - this journalist has picked up on the higher propensity for men to take risks as compared to women. It is something discovered in some research my organisation took into how men and women behave differently when taking multiple choice examinations. Men take more risks in exams and therefore generally perform better unless the risk taking is punished in the marking scheme. Happy to discuss more with anyone who asks. But the article cites the downside of risks, which clearly affects men more than women and uses this to (tongue in cheek) argue men are idiots for taking risks. In fact risk taking is essential to the development of the human race, society and our understanding of the world. It is through risk taking we learn and achieve things. So far from men being idiots, we should applaud men for their willingness to risk adverse events in order to help society as a whole.

Did that sound defensive? Possibly. But CD raised a subject that interests me and has a significant impact on my professional life.

Comment

Hello Etenguy,

But then again, men smash beer cans into their foreheads while belching. They also give each other "wedgies" where the intent is to pull someone's (another male's) underwear up so that it wedges into their butt cheeks.

And I won't even mention scratching of private parts.

Draw your own conclusions.

c.d.

Comment

Point well made

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
          Hello Etenguy,

But then again, men smash beer cans into their foreheads while belching. They also give each other "wedgies" where the intent is to pull someone's (another male's) underwear up so that it wedges into their butt cheeks.

And I won't even mention scratching of private parts.

Draw your own conclusions.

c.d.
          You’ve been watching the Ashes matches too then c.d.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

lol! agree completely!!

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
              Hello Etenguy,

But then again, men smash beer cans into their foreheads while belching
              c.d.
              Wow!

I thought men couldn't multi-task!

Nice work guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Wow!

I thought men couldn't multi-task!

Nice work guys!

Plus, there is always the added pressure of having to remember that it has to be beer cans not beer bottles! Easy to forget when you've had a few.

Being a guy ain't easy.

c.d.

Comment

I can sit on the bog while doing a crossword. TMI? Possibly. Just trying to show off here....

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                    I can sit on the bog while doing a crossword. TMI? Possibly. Just trying to show off here....
                    Impressive stuff, Svensson!

Keep up the good work!

Comment

A female nurse once told me it is invariably the biggest , brawniest male patients who faint at the sight of their own blood when being stitched up.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

Working...
                      X